Reward for calling in ????

GolfCart

Well ......... No skin off my back , I do my job every day . I just thank God every day that I have a bid route . I really do not care what people think about my opinion on this topic , it's just funny how people can get so nasty when they do not even work in my area , so they do not see what my hub sees . Y'all have a good weekend , I am done on this topic.

She was allowed to work today !

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well ......... No skin off my back , I do my job every day . I just thank God every day that I have a bid route . I really do not care what people think about my opinion on this topic , it's just funny how people can get so nasty when they do not even work in my area , so they do not see what my hub sees . Y'all have a good weekend , I am done on this topic.

She was allowed to work today !
We don't need to or have to work in your area to understand the complaint. It happens everywhere. If it is not about FMLA it is about something else. All we are saying is there is NOTHING you can do about it except to come here and vent. There is NOTHING UPS can do about it as the law stands right now. It is a moot point. The only thing that is going to happen is your blood pressure is going to go up and there is no point in it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

No. If I brought anything like this to HR they would give me a "there-there, its all ok, we understand your frustration, just keep track of the use, eat up the entitlements, and discipline when they have used up the FMLA allotment". Security would just look at me like I had 3 heads. While frustrated, I vent here. At work I have become rather zen in my acceptance.

There is really no upside for me to follow up on abuse. No number to call that I am aware of. If I were to put in the effort, time, and energy to track down fraudulant abuse of FMLA, and was successful, the abuser would get fired. That is not a plus for me, I don't want them fired, I want them to stop behaving in this manner. If I were to put in the energy, time and effort and fail to prove abuse, I could be severely disciplined up to termination for percieved retaliation. Why would I invest my time and energy?

Or to put in other terms:
If I were an investment broker and said "hey, give me a bunch of your money, I have this great investment that has absolutely no upside, no shot to give you any actual income, and a fair to even chance you will lose everything". How much money are you going to invest with me?
You seem to mention discipline quite often.

What'dyabringmetoday???

:panicsmiley: why don't we just lock this post then , because everyone has different opinions . Everyone at my hub is sick of it , NOT just me . It effects every person in the hub , when routes are sitting with no driver . Also sucks when drivers are sent out blind . And YES , I do HATE MY JOB , but I do a great job for UPS , so my boss can not touch me ( yet ) . 100 years from now it won't matter. To you or me anyway.

I am sick of talking about this ................. lets just lock this post down nothing good is coming from it .

UPSGUY72

:panicsmiley: why don't we just lock this post then , because everyone has different opinions . Everyone at my hub is sick of it , NOT just me . It effects every person in the hub , when routes are sitting with no driver . Also sucks when drivers are sent out blind . And YES , I do HATE MY JOB , but I do a great job for UPS , so my boss can not touch me ( yet ) .

I am sick of talking about this ................. lets just lock this post down nothing good is coming from it .

If you and other people have a problem you need to talk to your steward and your BA and get a clarification on the rules and procedure... And or whether or not someone is abusing them...

:panicsmiley: why don't we just lock this post then , because everyone has different opinions . Everyone at my hub is sick of it , NOT just me . It effects every person in the hub , when routes are sitting with no driver . Also sucks when drivers are sent out blind . And YES , I do HATE MY JOB , but I do a great job for UPS , so my boss can not touch me ( yet ) .

Gosh, you mean being a package car driver isn't all cupcakes and puppy dogs? They might have to actually work long hours, miss days off, have to adjust their social schedule? And then they have hissy fits when they don't get their way. I'll be happy to not take an FMLA day, work 13 hours, and then send the proceeds to your center to supply tissues.

This thread has had good discussion on the subject without personal conjecture. There is no need to lock the thread.

This thread started as a temper tantrum. Personal conjecture? The Gooch was on the womans case from the get go. That's not personal? There are other FMLA threads that were actually informative. Anyone want to know something? I'll let you know from experience or I'll give you all the links to the actual federal websites. The rest of this uniformed driver bitching and gossip isn't worth the paper to wipe one's bum with.

If you and other people have a problem you need to talk to your steward and your BA and get a clarification on the rules and procedure... And or whether or not someone is abusing them...

If someone has a problem contact their congressman and work to get the federal law changed. The government is the only authority on this. All the rest is compliance be it company or union. And what if someone may be abusing them? By who's definition? The federal law or the crying of those who aren't on the receiving end of the benefits? And what is someone going to do? Make anonymous phone calls every day? If one is so concerned file a complaint and sign it. That way if they're wrong they will get to enjoy the repercussions for their allegations.

GolfCart

This thread started as a temper tantrum. Personal conjecture? The Gooch was on the womans case from the get go. That's not personal? There are other FMLA threads that were actually informative. Anyone want to know something? I'll let you know from experience or I'll give you all the links to the actual federal websites. The rest of this uniformed driver bitching and gossip isn't worth the paper to wipe one's bum with.

If someone has a problem contact their congressman and work to get the federal law changed. The government is the only authority on this. All the rest is compliance be it company or union. And what if someone may be abusing them? By who's definition? The federal law or the crying of those who aren't on the receiving end of the benefits? And what is someone going to do? Make anonymous phone calls every day? If one is so concerned file a complaint and sign it. That way if they're wrong they will get to enjoy the repercussions for their allegations.

GolfCart

This is my LAST post on this topic . I was just in shock that my boss sent her home , because he was mad at her , I think she was lucky ! No suspension , no firing , just sent home . No whinning , no crying , not angry , just frustrated ! I thought this was a friendly website where we could vent about our jobs since we all work for the same company . I guess it is not , you just get harassed by some people who have issues with life . Talk all you want about me , slam me , trash talk me , I really do not care anymore about this site and it's people on it . So good luck , have fun , I am done

over9five

Staff member
This is my LAST post on this topic . I was just in shock that my boss sent her home , because he was mad at her , I think she was lucky ! No suspension , no firing , just sent home . No whinning , no crying , not angry , just frustrated ! I thought this was a friendly website where we could vent about our jobs since we all work for the same company . I guess it is not , you just get harassed by some people who have issues with life . Talk all you want about me , slam me , trash talk me , I really do not care anymore about this site and it's people on it . So good luck , have fun , I am done
Don't go away mad, I respect and understand your opinion on this.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I go to work every day. I've had 1 day off other than official holidays since October. I don't give a rats ass who has days off or why. All I know is I'm off next week.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
..... I was just in shock that my boss sent her home , ..... No suspension , no firing , just sent home . .....

How is being sent home not a suspension?
What else are you going to call it, a lay-off? Was the lay-off done in seniority order? Should the employee file for (partial) unemployment compensation for that day?
Sounds like a suspension to me. Think about it.

Don't go away mad, I respect and understand your opinion on this.

I don't. If he wants to come on and ask legitimate questions I'll be happy to give him answers from experience. If he wants to stomp his feet cause "I have more seniority and wanted the day off" and then air the womans laundry then I will give it right back in spades. It was none of his business, out of his place as an hourly employee and alleged union worker, and not his place to discuss managements actions on it.

over9five

Staff member
We discuss managements actions on everything! This is a discussion forum. He's welcome to state his opinion, and you are welcome to disagree and call him out on it.

We discuss managements actions on everything! This is a discussion forum. He's welcome to state his opinion, and you are welcome to disagree and call him out on it.

What I mean is his statement, of which he should not be privy to, that management discussed how many days this woman had left. That is private,her reasons for FMLA are private, why she is taking that particular day are private. As Dilli said I have had first hand experience with this on both sides and don't take it lightly and yes maybe I'm a bit sensitive to it. If Gooch was at the same building as me and ranting in such a fashion I would have said the same to his face. It's none of his business. Sucks, yea sure. But it's none of his business.