Rewards for Special Favors (off topic)

9.5 everyday

If you actually take care of the customers they are way more inclined to tip. Last year I probably made around 80 bucks in tips. Some I split with my helper when he was with me. Believe it or not people, UPS is supposed to be about quality not quantity, now freaking get it all 99 percet of you UPS drivers.
I got close to $300 in cash and gift cards last year. And there's a guy on my route that gives me 2 cases of beer every year. There's guys I know that get a lot more than that. If my helper does a good job I give him a $50. I have the same helper this year as last, and I'll do $50 and a nice bottle of liquor. Shows up every day on time, never ever complains and most importantly doesn't annoy the s out of me.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
If you actually take care of the customers they are way more inclined to tip. Last year I probably made around 80 bucks in tips. Some I split with my helper when he was with me. Believe it or not people, UPS is supposed to be about quality not quantity, now freaking get it all 99 percet of you UPS drivers.

image.jpg

onestoptogo

Actually the company gives us a PCM before Peak starts stating that we are not allowed to accept tips knowing full well that we will continue to do so.
I had a sup ride with me last week and one of of my customers saw me delivering at a Business and came over and gave me a twenty right in front of him. We got in the truck and he commented that, "Your customers really love you." I guess it is ok to take tips.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a sup ride with me last week and one of of my customers saw me delivering at a Business and came over and gave me a twenty right in front of him. We got in the truck and he commented that, "Your customers really love you." I guess it is ok to take tips.

Corporate says that we are not to accept tips.

Local management has no problem with us accepting tips; they do, however, have a problem with drivers who tailor their level of service to the dollars that they receive at Peak.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It seems that the customers that have you jumping through a ton of hoops are the ones least likely to give a tip. The tips that I appreciate are the ones from the heart.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The best tip I got so far was just random. Last month I was delivering my NDA and a guy met me at the door and as I handed him his box he handed me a $20 gift card to starbucks. On the back it said "For the person who brought us fallout 4." So these people didn't even know who was going to deliver it, but they were gonna give whoever $20 for just delivering one package. Those are some awesome people.

clean hairy

The best tip I got so far was just random. Last month I was delivering my NDA and a guy met me at the door and as I handed him his box he handed me a $20 gift card to starbucks. On the back it said "For the person who brought us fallout 4." So these people didn't even know who was going to deliver it, but they were gonna give whoever $20 for just delivering one package. Those are some awesome people.
These are the best ones.
Expect nothing in return, just sharing the Holiday Spirit!