Rich get richer from fewer labor unions, study says

brett636

That's not EXACTLY right and you know it.

Public sector unions are not the same as private industry unions.

And since he was speaking of the AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS, that are government union workers, we're ordered to return to work and refused, it is not union busting in my book.

Government workers should not have the ability to strike. There are many other benefits they get such as job security and health care and public pensions that offset the ability to strike that they get when they chose to enter the public sector workforce.

I've tried numerous times to explain the difference to Jones. The problem is he either doesn't care to see the differences or simply can't.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I've tried numerous times to explain the difference to Jones. The problem is he either doesn't care to see the differences or simply can't.
Walker went after the teachers union among others. Left the police and firefighter unions alone. Are thet not public sector also? Why did he choose not to fight them?

rickyb

Union workers’ wages are 27 percent higher than those of non-union workers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Over three-quarters of unionized workers receive health insurance, have a guaranteed defined-benefit pension plan, and receive paid sick leave.

However, Sanders said corporate profits are at an all-time high while wages as a percentage of the economy are near an all-time low.