RICK PERRY, a talking points robot.!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's one..

http://www.wisn.com/r/9950016/detail.html

I'm not saying they have a chance, but the fact that they are filed, they waste time.

Convicted Thief Sues Store He Robbed
Last Update: 9/01 4:13 pm

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...s-Store-He-Robbed/icBtPW99h0-nU-PFsFCaMQ.cspx

Robber Sues Store He Robbed

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The criminal is finding new and legal ways to victimize the people he ripped off and threatened to kill.

"Ridiculous," says a loyal and longtime customer of Nick's Short Stop Party Store regarding 22-year-old Scott Thomas Zeilinski decision to sue the store owner and some of the clerks after he, Zeilinski, was shot during an armed robbery. Zeilinski is serving an 8-22 year sentence for the robbery that happened in November of 2007.

According to police and court records, Zeilinski came in wearing a mask and carrying a knife that he put to the throats of several employees, threatening to kill them before stealing cigarettes and cash. As he was leaving––reportedly still making threats––one of the young clerks grabbed a gun and shot him in the arm and back. Zeilinski's lawyer says his client is asking in excess of $125,000 for pain and suffering and emotional distress.

Since the robbery the store owner has spent thousands of dollars on security to keep his employees safe. He says he is hoping nothing like this ever happens again.

Zelinski says the incident "ruined his life" and believes the store is responsible for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

His life was ruined the moment he decided to put the mask on. The lawsuit has no merit and is the result of lawyer who was absent the day they taught ethics in law school.

wkmac

Here's one..

http://www.wisn.com/r/9950016/detail.html

I'm not saying they have a chance, but the fact that they are filed, they waste time.

Convicted Thief Sues Store He Robbed
Last Update: 9/01 4:13 pm

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...s-Store-He-Robbed/icBtPW99h0-nU-PFsFCaMQ.cspx

Robber Sues Store He Robbed

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The criminal is finding new and legal ways to victimize the people he ripped off and threatened to kill.

"Ridiculous," says a loyal and longtime customer of Nick's Short Stop Party Store regarding 22-year-old Scott Thomas Zeilinski decision to sue the store owner and some of the clerks after he, Zeilinski, was shot during an armed robbery. Zeilinski is serving an 8-22 year sentence for the robbery that happened in November of 2007.

According to police and court records, Zeilinski came in wearing a mask and carrying a knife that he put to the throats of several employees, threatening to kill them before stealing cigarettes and cash. As he was leaving––reportedly still making threats––one of the young clerks grabbed a gun and shot him in the arm and back. Zeilinski's lawyer says his client is asking in excess of $125,000 for pain and suffering and emotional distress.

Since the robbery the store owner has spent thousands of dollars on security to keep his employees safe. He says he is hoping nothing like this ever happens again.

Zelinski says the incident "ruined his life" and believes the store is responsible for it.

More,

You can file a lawsuit for anything you like in this country. In the legalzoom article I linked, a Virginia prisoner in the custody of the State of Virginia sued himself. Yeah, he sued himself on the grounds that his own choices in life caused him to be in prison in the first place. His ultimate goal however was to make a claim that being his bad self was a ward of the State of Virginia, the State would have to pay any awards granted by the courts. That suit was tossed from the get-go onto the pile of other previous failed suits this guy had filed.

Also you qualified your previous statement by stating the following:

I don't know frivolous ?????????? How about when the theif who breaks into your house to rob you slips on your floor and sues your butt......that's frivolous!!

We are talking about a burglar suing for slipping and falling and not being shot. Being shot or shot at has resulted in many, many lawsuits so that's nothing new. The question is such suits come down to whether the homeowner's life was in peril or just their lost of property. The fact that the doctor (in the link you posted) in question shot the intruder in the back raises questions and may be one reason this case is allowed to proceed. No argument the burglar was wrong to be there and there also may be other facts not revealed in the article that also supports the doctor's actions but regardless, this case is not specific to the conditions you set forth in your original post.

Show me a case where a burglar has illegally entered a home. slipped, fell and then sued the homeowner under those terms and conditions. Focus! Focus! Focus! And such suits are very possible so there may be one, there may be many but so far I've found none. You made the claim so let's see it!

BTW: To the 2nd case, didn't find that story at the link you posted but here is another from 2009'. The lawsuit may have resulted in the fact that the robber was leaving and then he was shot. Had he been shot and even killed moments earlier when he held the knife at someone, it would have been justified and the fact that he's dead at least eliminates a lawsuit from him personally. Maybe some range time for the store employee might be a worthwhile investment. When someone is fleeing and you shoot them, regardless, the burden will thus fall on you.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
More,

You can file a lawsuit for anything you like in this country. In the legalzoom article I linked, a Virginia prisoner in the custody of the State of Virginia sued himself. Yeah, he sued himself on the grounds that his own choices in life caused him to be in prison in the first place. His ultimate goal however was to make a claim that being his bad self was a ward of the State of Virginia, the State would have to pay any awards granted by the courts. That suit was tossed from the get-go onto the pile of other previous failed suits this guy had filed.

Also you qualified your previous statement by stating the following:

We are talking about a burglar suing for slipping and falling and not being shot. Being shot or shot at has resulted in many, many lawsuits so that's nothing new. The question is such suits come down to whether the homeowner's life was in peril or just their lost of property. The fact that the doctor (in the link you posted) in question shot the intruder in the back raises questions and may be one reason this case is allowed to proceed. No argument the burglar was wrong to be there and there also may be other facts not revealed in the article that also supports the doctor's actions but regardless, this case is not specific to the conditions you set forth in your original post.

Show me a case where a burglar has illegally entered a home. slipped, fell and then sued the homeowner under those terms and conditions. Focus! Focus! Focus! And such suits are very possible so there may be one, there may be many but so far I've found none. You made the claim so let's see it!

Saying the burglar fell and sued the homeowner is an example of a frivolous suit. Maybe the circumstances are the owner shot the burglar or any number of scenarios........it's to demonstrate in words what frivolous suits are. I can't find exactly what you said........I saw one site that said England had some cases, but I didn't go further.

It's like when you say the cobbler's children had no shoes.......I don't know of any cobblers kids who aren't shod.....and I can't provide the proof, but you know what I mean when I say that.

wkmac

What you might do More in the future is just add one word and you make the point while not giving an impression for which you lack proof.

I don't know frivolous ?????????? How about when the proverbial theif who breaks into your house to rob you slips on your floor and sues your butt......that's frivolous!!

There are frivolous lawsuits, I know this for a fact, so that point on your part is well made. Just don't use what may be a urban legend in the process.