Rick Perry and ACORN

Lovely Pic of Governor Perry with proud members of ACORN

Seems the former Governor is running from that past too.

As we learned from 0's campaign, past associations are irrelevant to today. :wink2: But seriously, between '05 and today we all have learned a few things about ACORN that weren't so pretty. Was ACORN involved in voter fraud or encouraging prostitution in Texas in '05? IDK. I have had friends in the past that I would not associate with today because they turned out to be the type I don't want to hang around with.

The money spent in Texas by the state government on infrastructure lends credence to Perry's claim that DC's spending on some of the infrastructure projects is unconstitutional. Perry has always been pretty consistent on state's rights.

Is Perry perfect? No.
Do I want him for our president? Haven't decided yet.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lovely Pic of Governor Perry with proud members of ACORN

Seems the former Governor is running from that past too.

Shoot, back in '05, the pres. was still sitting in Rev. Wright's church hearing the "gospel truth" !!. AND the pres. was deep into ACORN....(now defunct) and other questionable groups of friends.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its a joke that you would try to associate the president to individual actions of acorn, whos only crimes have been REGISTRATION fraud and NOT VOTER FRAUD. A big difference.

You hassle the president , but then support president BUSH and his connections to Kenneth Lay & associates who crashed thousands of pension plans by cooking the books while on president bush's cabinet.

President Bush was connected to TYCO, WORLDCOM, ENRON and other large corporations who destroyed thousands of american lives and yet you are way cool with this, but dispise president Obama for some indirect connection to an organizing group.

You guys crack me up.

Just wait until the strippers and hookers come out and name RICK PERRY, I am sure you all will still support him if they do.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How long have you been blind?

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is an organization that is supposed to fight for the poor and disadvantaged. According to its website, its job is to build “community organizations that are committed to social and economic justice” and to help “those who have historically been locked out become powerful players in our democratic system.”

A splendid mission statement. Exactly the kind of organization a polished liberal politician would want to be friends with. President Barack Obama certainly did; he has extensive ties to ACORN and he made very sure, in the last campaign, to highlight this friendship, boasting to ACORN leaders back in November 2007 that:
“I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

ACORN thinks highly of itself, and so do liberal politicians and so, too, do many journalists. Far too highly, it turns out.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you.....Bush isn't the president anymore.....been that way going on about 3 years now!!

wkmac

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is an organization that is supposed to fight for the poor and disadvantaged. According to its website, its job is to build “community organizations that are committed to social and economic justice” and to help “those who have historically been locked out become powerful players in our democratic system.”

A splendid mission statement. Exactly the kind of organization a polished liberal politician would want to be friends with.

A polished liberal politician like this guy?

Look at those pretty bright "RED" ACORN T-Shirts. Poor Rick had no way of knowing who these "disgusting" ACORN creeps were now did he?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, post the date.....like 2007? ACORN wasn't exposed for what it was at that time.
The pres.'s "friendships", when you add like Bill Ayers, the Rev., etc all look bad .

Shoot, there's people who had their picture taken with Obama who totally regret that move now!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

A splendid mission statement. Exactly the kind of organization a polished liberal politician would want to be friends with. President Barack Obama certainly did; he has extensive ties to ACORN and he made very sure, in the last campaign, to highlight this friendship, boasting to ACORN leaders back in November 2007 that:
“I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

ACORN thinks highly of itself, and so do liberal politicians and so, too, do many journalists. Far too highly, it turns out.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you.....Bush isn't the president anymore.....been that way going on about 3 years now!!

I find it funny ms peabody, that you like to go to the WAYBACK machine when its convenient for you, but cry foul if anyone else goes to BUSH.

You went into the wayback machine 5 years in your post. Sorry but you cant have it both ways.

FAIL.

Peace.

wkmac

So, post the date.....like 2007? ACORN wasn't exposed for what it was at that time.
The pres.'s "friendships", when you add like Bill Ayers, the Rev., etc all look bad .

Shoot, there's people who had their picture taken with Obama who totally regret that move now!!

Had you read the original links, you'd have discovered the date.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I find it funny ms peabody, that you like to go to the WAYBACK machine when its convenient for you, but cry foul if anyone else goes to BUSH.

You went into the wayback machine 5 years in your post. Sorry but you cant have it both ways.

FAIL.

Peace.
To find the mission statement of ACORN, you have to go back because the organization doesn't exist anymore.
If I want info. on George Washington, I don't look in today's paper.

wkmac

FAIL.

Peace.

Wayback Machine? You're too kind. I think she's hung up elsewhere and she's not alone either!
:surprised:

island1fox

:wink2:
Its a joke that you would try to associate the president to individual actions of acorn, whos only crimes have been REGISTRATION fraud and NOT VOTER FRAUD. A big difference.

You hassle the president , but then support president BUSH and his connections to Kenneth Lay & associates who crashed thousands of pension plans by cooking the books while on president bush's cabinet.

President Bush was connected to TYCO, WORLDCOM, ENRON and other large corporations who destroyed thousands of american lives and yet you are way cool with this, but dispise president Obama for some indirect connection to an organizing group.

You guys crack me up.

Just wait until the strippers and hookers come out and name RICK PERRY, I am sure you all will still support him if they do.

Peace.

TOS,
I am still working on you:wink2: Two wrongs do not make a right. I condemn all wrong or radical associations.
You strike me as a clear thinker with clouded views on the Dems. How can you comment on Perry's past association with acorn and be so completely blind to Obama's weird associations ?
A pox on both .
A major problem with America today is blind following of the Limosine libs or the Rinos. Both of these groups look down on us "common folk" as dirt.
Their power,their cushy jobs,their corruption all supported by walk in line kool aid drinkers as they "serve" us.:sick:

If nothing at all --people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Last edited:

brett636

You guys crack me up.

Peace.

Its funny you should mention those companies and the wrongs that they did while conveniently ignoring Obama being guilty of the same wrong doing only he is doing it to the entire nation and not just one single company.

You guys crack me up.

Peace.

The joke is on you for suggesting voter registration fraud is somehow OK. Fraud is fraud.

I never saw where anyone on here supported Bush's connection with Lay & assoc. If you saw that please show us. While we are at it, show Bush's connection with TYCO, WORLDCOM and ENRON.
It is plain to see that Moreluck was comparing Perry's connection to ARCON to Zer0bama's in the same time frame.

I believe you are cracked, but doubt the source cause.

Strippers and hookers? Hope you didn't hurt yourself with that stretch of your imagination.