Riddle me this Express CRRs. Why are we getting sigs. at bus. dels?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Anyone ever actually read the Terms and Conditions regarding signatures?

Scroll down and read the very first paragraph under "Signature releases A:"

Seems like we don't need a sig. at a bus. del. if there is no sig. required (no ISR, DSR, ASR) in the ASTRA. Unless the D.V. is over $500. But, how are we supposed to know what the D.V. is?

Can anyone find the "Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Recipients" form? I can't.

What say you? Leave pkgs. at bus. dels. that are secure and not waste your time to get a sig.?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone ever actually read the Terms and Conditions regarding signatures?

Scroll down and read the very first paragraph under "Signature releases A:"

Seems like we don't need a sig. at a bus. del. if there is no sig. required (no ISR, DSR, ASR) in the ASTRA. Unless the D.V. is over $500. But, how are we supposed to know what the D.V. is?

Can anyone find the "Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Recipients" form? I can't.

What say you? Leave pkgs. at bus. dels. that are secure and not waste your time to get a sig.?

Holy Heck, Batman!! I think you've discovered it!

overflowed

In some of our large cities a lot of the rte's in downtown areas still use release numbers. It's a lot quicker.

Last edited:

Sniper

Business, release, recipient, then I type in the rel number or business name. I usually type in the business name because it is much quicker. I have 3 customers on my route who are rarely there when I get to the location. It works great.

WARNING Make sure the customer has signed a business release authorization and it is in the system.

Hope this helps. I use at least one every week. Work smarter, not harder.

!Retired!

Business, release, recipient, then I type in the rel number or business name. I usually type in the business name because it is much quicker. I have 3 customers on my route who are rarely there when I get to the location. It works great.

WARNING Make sure the customer has signed a business release authorization and it is in the system.

Hope this helps. I use at least one every week. Work smarter, not harder.
This I know. I had a few business releases on my old route.

I believe Mr 7 was making reference why not be able to release all businesses.

Express Courier

I do it at a few stops and have for a few years even without a written release. I mean I got their permission but never had them sign anything. I obviously only do this with stops I'm comfortable with and it's usually just a doc. I do the Business, Release, Recipient, and then I type in whatever, something like "Slid Under Emp Entrance Door"

I know that's probably a no no but I dgaf.

El Morado Diablo

I have a few small businesses who are in-and-out of their offices all day. They've signed forms giving us permission to leave their deliveries when they are out of the office. I just do Business, Release, Recipient (their name), and type "On File" in the comments section. I've kept copies of the forms they signed to cover my ___. We've had too many managers come through our station for me to count on them being able to produce the permission forms if something goes wrong.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Someone please show me this form.

I believe Mr 7 was making reference why not be able to release all businesses.

Yes.

I do it at a few stops and have for a few years even without a written release. I mean I got their permission but never had them sign anything.

This is currently what I'm running with. With this every bus. must get 2 attempts B.S. sometimes I gotta get the pkg. off the first time b'c I'll never be back in the area. Then, if you leave a door tag, that's just an invitation for them to call and demand a re-attmpt.

I have oral consent and the guide does say that that's a go but, I think if the shppr. sees us release something that they were expecting to get a "free" sig. for, then the poop is gonna hit the fan.

I have a few small businesses who are in-and-out of their offices all day. They've signed forms giving us permission to leave their deliveries when they are out of the office.

BTW, MFE, this is how you do multi-quotes and not make 5 new posts. Ask you daughter how to do it. :happy-very:

!Retired!

I do it at a few stops and have for a few years even without a written release. I mean I got their permission but never had them sign anything.
A driver down South got fired doing this. Don't come on here complaining if you get caught.
I have a few small businesses who are in-and-out of their offices all day. They've signed forms giving us permission to leave their deliveries when they are out of the office. I just do Business, Release, Recipient (their name), and type "On File" in the comments section. I've kept copies of the forms they signed to cover my ___. We've had too many managers come through our station for me to count on them being able to produce the permission forms if something goes wrong.
Good move. Make sure those copies are at home and not in a locker, in your car or anywhere anyone but you can get to them.

Sniper

A driver down South got fired doing this. Don't come on here complaining if you get caught.

I have personal knowledge of a 32 year employee being terminated, then "retired" for releasing to a business. The courier was doing the right thing for the customer but at the end of the day the courier missed the "retirement" party which really was a bummer.

Hence the WARNING. Work smarter, not harder.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have personal knowledge of a 32 year employee being terminated, then "retired" for releasing to a business. The courier was doing the right thing for the customer but at the end of the day the courier missed the "retirement" party which really was a bummer.

But this is FedEx, where we work harder, not smarter...and we do it for less. "Low wages...all the time". And yes, you can and will be fired for unauthorized releases. Don't do it...ever.

HomeDelivery

Mr 7 said:

i can't find it online, but your management team has them in their office; if you can bear to talk to them for a second, ask for a blank copy

​i've seen these forms over at HD as well

edit: doh! it also states where to find a blank copy at that link you first posted!

A shipment may also be released without a signature if the recipient has provided authorization by signing the Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Recipients (obtained through your local FedEx World Service Center or your FedEx account executive) or online using FedEx Delivery Manager

Last edited:

!Retired!

lol I'm not going to get fired for sliding an envelope under some office door because they are out to lunch. Not at my station anyway.
You think your station is different? Managers will look the other way for only so long. You have been warned.

Exactly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

i can't find it online, but your management team has them in their office; if you can bear to talk to them for a second, ask for a blank copy

edit: doh! it also states where to find a blank copy at that link you first posted!

What you're describing in your post is a release number. Prior to resi-release, this was a big deal, and you either carried a sheet with release numbers, OR looked-up the code for big shippers in the back of your mini-dictionary. Sometimes, shippers would print the release number somewhere on the shipping label. For a business, they must sign the Release Delivery Authorization mentioned. Without this, there is no release at a business, and FedEx doesn't care if someone at the business "authorized" it. You will be fired if there is a problem, and these days, any excuse to get rid of you will do.

Express Courier

I would be working harder if I didn't release.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Thanks Dickey.
I've already asked for it at my sta. from two different people including my mgr. No one seems to know where they are.
I also went to the "FedEx delivery manager" section of the site and can't find it anywhere there either.