Ridiculous Grievance Panel

rocket man

AT least we have grievance hearing go. see/ what happens at fedx. ALSO to hoaxter The dues are for you and the ones who fought and sweated it out to get the rate of pay we are at. so they can enjoy retirement. THE dues are for the bussiness agents that have to go to theses hearings leave there familys for a week at a .time . The dues are so the bussines agents when they are in town can drive to your center to protect you and me to FIGHT for our rights. If you noticed they go in there own cars not fancy rentals and if they do use a rental thats ok by me because they deserve it so please dont complain about dues . I also heard the dues are there just to piss you off.

upsfiredme

I downloaded the Grievance Panel decisions off of makeupsdeliver.com and it is very clear how the company has little regard or respect for the contract. The long list of deadlocked cases speaks for itself but one caught my eye......

"Chair McCabe called Case N-193-09: Local 177 v. UPS, Hillside, NJ
On behalf of all affected
employees, Union alleges that
the Company violated Article 37
and Article 18. The Company’s
decision to keep Manager **** in its Package operations
whereby he has constant contact
with bargaining unit employees,
has placed the safety and well-

being of all employees in
serious jeopardy. *** has
demonstrated a history of
inappropriate and violent
behavior which culminated in
him smacking two drivers in the
back of their head.
DECISION: Based on the facts presented, case is DEADLOCKED. "

Deadlocked? You've got to be kidding me!

look what they did to after what I been up against[EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL][EVIL][/EVIL]

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
Red is right there is at least one local **cough**705***cough*** that is winning in its panel. UPS now has to fire people and have a damn good reason for it else that person will be back within a couple of weeks due to expedited arbitration and a 5th man at panel. i've seen the company get (expletive delete) at panel by the 5th man. and i laugh because the company has to play by the rules here.:happy-very: i honestly think management here hasn't figured out that there is this sitting arbitrator on the panel yet and get confused when they fire someone and hes back at work a few weeks later with back pay. It shows when you have a good strong contract and people to enforce it management gets scared and get desparate. It's really starting to show here:dancing:

brownrodster

The over 9.5 grievances are what bugs me. I wish every extended center and every center in all of the hubs would see all of their drivers get on the over 9.5 lists. The panels would be flooded with grievances.

I don't want to work less than 9.5 hours a day. I happily go and take work from other drivers everynight who will be out longer than 9.5.

trickpony1

Red is right there is at least one local **cough**705***cough*** that is winning in its panel. UPS now has to fire people and have a damn good reason for it else that person will be back within a couple of weeks due to expedited arbitration and a 5th man at panel. i've seen the company get (expletive delete) at panel by the 5th man. and i laugh because the company has to play by the rules here.:happy-very: i honestly think management here hasn't figured out that there is this sitting arbitrator on the panel yet and get confused when they fire someone and hes back at work a few weeks later with back pay. It shows when you have a good strong contract and people to enforce it management gets scared and get desparate. It's really starting to show here:dancing:

I could be wrong but I think locals 705 and 710 are "UPS only" locals and are also located in the stronghold, and heart, of Teamsters stomping grounds (chicago).

Hence they can afford, and are afforded, the sitting arbitrator and expedited proceedings.

Try belonging to a little piss ant local that also represents carhaul, freight, grocery and whatever else. Winning a simple grievance is a rarity. The difficult ones you can forget about.

tieguy

Banned
From TDU . . .

" . . . In four days of hearings, the highest UPS grievance body under the contract ruled in favor of the union just four times. The company won 13 cases outright. Another 42 cases were deadlocked. An incredible 78 cases were postponed.

I didn't count the cases but I did read through them. Just of the top of my head it looks like the union had at least 10 article 37 cases working over 9.5 that were ruled in their favor? not sure why tdu is only counting 4 as victories?

I went back in and did a quick count. Looks like 26 and a half rulings in favor of the union? The half being the one either or ruling listed.

Last edited: