Ridiculous

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sort down today after 11, on-road with way too many stops, even for peak. No runners, but at least pick-ups are cut-off. I wonder what all of those non-regular shippers are going to do to get their products out? Maybe call UPS?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Bah ha ha.
I'm straight lining businesses only today. Total damage control for me.
I'll get to all the resis. (including P1) after I drop.
Just gotta laugh.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe we'll have time get 'em all done next week.

I'm guessing they will be asking for Xmas "volunteers". Yesterday was lighter than expected, and today, they were just blown away. Maybe next year Scrooge will get us some runners.

FedExer267

Sort down today after 11, on-road with way too many stops, even for peak. No runners, but at least pick-ups are cut-off. I wonder what all of those non-regular shippers are going to do to get their products out? Maybe call UPS?

Was this everywhere today? I was doing pickups and they all asked if I had seen the Express guy. Which come to think of it I did not see any of them today which is weird. I know we were extremely light yesterday too probally the lightest day of the year. Today we were all bulked out although the stop count wasnt to bad I had 130 got out of the building at 9 am because preload did not wrap til 830 which had us standing around for a hour and a half. They also gave us HD and I didnt see one temp today why pay for labor when you get it for free.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bah ha ha.
I'm straight lining businesses only today. Total damage control for me.
I'll get to all the resis. (including P1) after I drop.
Just gotta laugh.

The management walked the belt today handing-out our "appreciation' gifts. I won't say what it was because it might identify me, but let's just say the value of the gift was about $1.50. WOW!! What an amazing company!! FedEx SUCKS.

LTFedExer

Your bad experiences doesn't represent every station. We didn't leave the building until 9:45. But, with all the extra help, it all went pretty well. Sales brought in 8 boxes of donuts for the morning sort (not the Walmart stuff) and the PM mangers had 10 pizza's for the night crew (couriers and handlers).

I think you need a hug.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your bad experiences doesn't represent every station. We didn't leave the building until 9:45. But, with all the extra help, it all went pretty well. Sales brought in 8 boxes of donuts for the morning sort (not the Walmart stuff) and the PM mangers had 10 pizza's for the night crew (couriers and handlers).

I think you need a hug.

We had over double our normal inbound volumes and didn't leave until after 11 (same today). No runners, not enough Powerpads, but there was actually some food. It looks like you work for a much better-run station, and no, it isn't possible to generalize around the country. It is, however, fair to say that every station in my local area has issues similar to those I've described. I doubt this is an isolated problem.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The management walked the belt today handing-out our "appreciation' gifts. I won't say what it was because it might identify me, but let's just say the value of the gift was about $1.50. WOW!! What an amazing company!! FedEx SUCKS.
That's more than we got.
We all got a "Thanks for your help" letter. So, one sheet of paper =<$1.50
Straight lining businesses only again.
Bah ha ha ha.

FedExer267

I saw the Express guy at one of my pickups today he was getting chewed out by the manager of this place because he hasnt got there til the afternoon everyday this week. She was rambling that she wants her stuff by 1130 and he simply said they had not been starting til 11 because of weather. She then turns to me and sees another FedEx guy and says your late too I chuckled said I am here for your pickup I was already here this morning and then said to her I dont have to wait for airplanes. She thought about it for a minute turned to the Express guy and starting apolpogizing to him. Gotta love customers.

Channahon

Reconnected with a friend via Facebook, haven't seen her in over 25 years, she left UPS for FedEx and now has 30 years as an express driver in Chicagoland area, talked last week and she said Express volume comes in one week before Christmas, and hasn't worked 8 hours as of last week. Maybe all your volume came the week before the Holiday. Just saying

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reconnected with a friend via Facebook, haven't seen her in over 25 years, she left UPS for FedEx and now has 30 years as an express driver in Chicagoland area, talked last week and she said Express volume comes in one week before Christmas, and hasn't worked 8 hours as of last week. Maybe all your volume came the week before the Holiday. Just saying

I don't know about Chicago, but we've gotten slammed this week. UPS is already on the road delivering while we are still receiving inbound CTV's (feeders) for our AM sort. The sort went down today around 10:30, and most couriers in my station easliy get 55 hours per week if they want it. We are always busy.

On another note, weren't you a Moderator? I always thought you were very fair and open-minded in the job.

FedExer267

Ground was extremely busy this week til today. Not UPS busy but I am sure if you put all the Ground, HD, and Express on one route we would be up there with UPS. Today was a nice break however I was 60 stops lighter than yesterday because there was no kick over from HD and half my business was closed. I am thinking Peak has come to a end tomorrow should be a good day.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
That about sums it up. Our (Express) slowest rate of shipping is Express Saver (3 days). So, we certainly cater to the super procrastinators. Too bad I still have a pkg. on my truck, right now, that was due Weds. Unfortunately, I think it's something perishable too.

vantexan

Heard that a superstation in Houston was so overwhelmed with freight one day this week that they left 4000 pieces at station and went out with what they had.