Right ON track 100k+ this year

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember when we used to have to hand out the new rate charts to the pick up accounts. The correspondence from UPS always started out-"'Due to the high cost of labor-blah-blah-blah". We used to catch a lot of grief from the customers for that. Also when we went on strike the news media always harped on how much we already made. My stock answer to the imbeciles who would say something like "you make 20 bucks hour!!! would be to look them right in the eye and say "hell--I couldn't live on 20 bucks an hour--my wife spends 25 an hour". Then turn around and walk away. Or I would tell them I need 20 an hour so I have enough cash to spend on my 7 weeks paid vacation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember when we used to have to hand out the new rate charts to the pick up accounts. The correspondence from UPS always started out-"'Due to the high cost of labor-blah-blah-blah". We used to catch a lot of grief from the customers for that. Also when we went on strike the news media always harped on how much we already made. My stock answer to the imbeciles who would say something like "you make 20 bucks hour!!! would be to look them right in the eye and say "hell--I couldn't live on 20 bucks an hour--my wife spends 25 an hour". Then turn around and walk away. Or I would tell them I need 20 an hour so I have enough cash to spend on my 7 weeks paid vacation.
This year they are blaming increased pension costs.