Right ON track 100k+ this year

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Last year between my pension, my wife's pension, my SS, her SS and what little we draw out of our retirement portfolio we were close to the 100K mark----all without lifting a finger. That don't include my pt township job. Retirement is good.
I get more in dividends than I do in pension and social security.
That is the key to a comfortable retirement.
I will not touch 401k until 70 1/2 and leave the investments to my daughter.
I think she is counting on that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I tell them that too. They say you get 6 weeks vacation. I say it took me a quarter of a century to earn them.
Nobody is stopping you from applying.
Response= I don't want to work hard like you do. Lol
You know we get a lot of vacation (after you've been there a good while) but we don't get to say hey I'm taking off 2 this Friday. If you add up all
Of the half days and single days a lot of people take I bet they'd be surprised.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You know we get a lot of vacation (after you've been there a good while) but we don't get to say hey I'm taking off 2 this Friday. If you add up all
Of the half days and single days a lot of people take I bet they'd be surprised.
I never took more than 2 whole week vacations a year once I went into management and some years I did not take all my days.
After United Parcel Service changed to UPS, I took all days but it was hard to take more than a couple full weeks.

I started taking a lot of Mondays off because all the "geniuses" would come up with their brilliant ideas over the weekend.

Returntosender

I get more in dividends than I do in pension and social security.
When I first started the guy who hired me, eventually got demoted to operations from staff. Overtime he revealed he held the stock for 3 splits when it was private, and 4th split before going public. When he retired he had 62,000. He said once he retires UPS will make him slowly sell back his shares to the company. He also gave his kids 5000 shares each. Like you he is living the good life.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yet my center manager tells me once a week at least that's there's a line of people around the block that are waiting for my job.
He's lying. We tried to hire over 20 drivers this summer. Out of 75+ part timers I think 6/7 tried it. 2 quit week 1.

Then the center manager was begging us to tell friends and everything else to apply because they couldn't fill the off the street spots. I think 2-3 of them quit in the first few weeks also. We got may 15 hired and 7-8 of those would not have stood a chance of
Making it 10 years ago.