Right to the front door service

FUFred

image.jpgHome delivery taken to the extream. I saw his on the chive.
image.jpg

overflowed

It's probably not even the correct address. See what happens when you leave it running/light that third joint/get your flip-flop stuck on the gas pedal? Too funny.
Trying to save the starter remember? And why is this not the only picture of ground vehicles I've seen like this? HOW does that even happen?

HomeDelivery

more info on the OP's pic: it was a roll-away...

The incident occurred at approximately 8 a.m. on Morning Dove Drive, off Kendrick Creek Road. Kingsport Police Officer xxx says a FedEx driver had backed his van up the driveway of Rickman's neighbor, directly across the street.

As the driver exited to make his delivery the van began rolling down the steep driveway. The vehicle then crossed Morning Dove Drive, entered Rickman's front yard and crashed nose first through his home's front doors.

lesson: always use your parking brake at every stop!

Doorstep delivery: FedEx van crashes into Kingsport home | Kingsport Times-News

Last edited:

overflowed

Wow, I guess that's what insurance is for. The contractors I mean. Why are all these trucks in the position to roll into houses? Shouldn't they walk to the door? Looks like all these were nosediving into driveways.

Motown

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.I can't imagine all the fuel that is wasted while the truck sits there idling.I've never seen such a blatant disregard for safety.It truly boggles my mind and the fact that this happens apparently everywhere means that this action is taught and the drivers are trained to do this.Everytime I pull up to a stop and the Ground guy is there idling I'm tempted to take the keys or move the truck.

HomeDelivery

... the fact that this happens apparently everywhere means that this action is taught and the drivers are trained to do this.

unless the sub-contractor paid FredEx to send them to that SAFE driver training class, these guys are mainly pulled from the temp peak season pool... hoping they got their training elsewhere... so i doubt that

this pulling into driveways & leaving the engine running is up there along with wearing no seatbelt

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ground drivers do whatever they feel like doing and (for the most part) get away with it. Express drivers would most likely be fired on the spot for the same infractions.

FDX the home of double standards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground drivers do whatever they feel like doing and (for the most part) get away with it. Express drivers would most likely be fired on the spot for the same infractions.

The Express driver who I see most often during the day and I were at the same stop in a strip mall yesterday. I was parked on the right side of the road with my flashers on. He had pulled in front of me, on the wrong side of the road and partially in to the crosswalk. We would be fired on the spot but for him it was business as usual.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The Express driver who I see most often during the day and I were at the same stop in a strip mall yesterday. I was parked on the right side of the road with my flashers on. He had pulled in front of me, on the wrong side of the road and partially in to the crosswalk. We would be fired on the spot but for him it was business as usual.
Oh boy......scandal of the year.