Right to the front door service

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by FUFred, Nov 11, 2013.

1. FUFred

FUFred Active Member

image.jpgHome delivery taken to the extream. I saw his on the chive.
    image.jpg

2. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

It's probably not even the correct address. See what happens when you leave it running/light that third joint/get your flip-flop stuck on the gas pedal? Too funny.

3. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Trying to save the starter remember? And why is this not the only picture of ground vehicles I've seen like this? HOW does that even happen?

4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

I hope that was Fred's house.

5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Those are the maid's quarters.

6. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

hahahaha

7. FUFred

FUFred Active Member

I just wish it was a better picture.

8. Cactus

Maybe the driver was competing with this guy.

FXground.jpg
    FXground.jpg

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

He missed the front door. The garage doesn't count. The firemen are there to extinguish the cargo fire caused by the driver throwing his lit roaches through the open bulkhead door.

10. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

more info on the OP's pic: it was a roll-away...

lesson: always use your parking brake at every stop!

Doorstep delivery: FedEx van crashes into Kingsport home | Kingsport Times-News

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  11. overflowed

Wow, I guess that's what insurance is for. The contractors I mean. Why are all these trucks in the position to roll into houses? Shouldn't they walk to the door? Looks like all these were nosediving into driveways.

12. Cactus

On most Ground vehicles, they most likely don't even work.

13. Motown

Motown New Member

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.I can't imagine all the fuel that is wasted while the truck sits there idling.I've never seen such a blatant disregard for safety.It truly boggles my mind and the fact that this happens apparently everywhere means that this action is taught and the drivers are trained to do this.Everytime I pull up to a stop and the Ground guy is there idling I'm tempted to take the keys or move the truck.

14. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

unless the sub-contractor paid FredEx to send them to that SAFE driver training class, these guys are mainly pulled from the temp peak season pool... hoping they got their training elsewhere... so i doubt that

this pulling into driveways & leaving the engine running is up there along with wearing no seatbelt

15. Cactus

Ground drivers do whatever they feel like doing and (for the most part) get away with it. Express drivers would most likely be fired on the spot for the same infractions.

FDX the home of double standards.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The Express driver who I see most often during the day and I were at the same stop in a strip mall yesterday. I was parked on the right side of the road with my flashers on. He had pulled in front of me, on the wrong side of the road and partially in to the crosswalk. We would be fired on the spot but for him it was business as usual.

17. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Today I saw a Custom Critical truck pulling a small pick-up truck on I-95. Does FedEx now offer towing services?

18. overflowed

Aren't they contractors? Maybe it was his personal vehicle.

19. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

probably delivering the Custom Critical truck to the contractor. Vehicle in tow is for the return trip.

20. Cactus

Oh boy......scandal of the year.