Right to Work (for less)

UPSSOCKS

Please, tell us. We've been wondering why you went into management.

Gee, ASS just outed himself as an RTW plant (and seems to have issues with using articles).

I went into management because the pay is better, i have a ton of stock that i got for free, and it's nice to be the boss. Sure I have a boss but I'm the biggest fish in the pond. The bigger fish only come to my pond every once in a while. Teamsters pay for representation that doesn't actually exist. Sure the nickel and dime stuff goes on but what about the big issues? You people are being sold out every single day yet you keep defending the union.

tourists24

I went into management because the pay is better, i have a ton of stock that i got for free, and it's nice to be the boss. Sure I have a boss but I'm the biggest fish in the pond. The bigger fish only come to my pond every once in a while. Teamsters pay for representation that doesn't actually exist. Sure the nickel and dime stuff goes on but what about the big issues? You people are being sold out every single day yet you keep defending the union.
If there werent mgt people like you,,, there would be no need for a union

Johney

I don't know Socks $30+ an hour, time and a half over 8 not 40,bennies I don't pay for, pension when I retire doesn't sound like nickel and dime to me. Can you really say with honesty that without the Teamsters negotiating a contract for us UPS would out of the kindness of their heart do the same? I know I pay dues and you could consider that monthly payment for insurance,but nobody I know only pays $70 a month for what insurance I have. Oh and don't you also PAY for your coverage?

AssistantSanta

I don't know Socks $30+ an hour, time and a half over 8 not 40,bennies I don't pay for, pension when I retire doesn't sound like nickel and dime to me.

Hence why I say FT drivers are the ones with vested interest and fight tooth and nail and vehemently oppose RTW philosophy. They count on near minimum wage for dues, H&W and pension contribution, and the union apparently talks these PTers into thinking it is for their benefit when the union is really looking for its own interest and that of the full time drivers.

Someone was making a big deal about supes working a few minute each day and did the math 5min x 10 x 240 = 200hrs. The one making the big deal was probably not concerned about the cumulative total of approximately $2000 in payroll, but the H&W and pension expected from these PTers that they probably don't care much about themselves.

How was the valuation set that hub workers are worth $9.50 while drivers are worth $30+ hr?

hypocrisy

Banned
Hey *******, no one cares what you think about our Union, our Full Time workers or our Part Time workers much less how you were treated as a Forrest (run Forrest Run!).

Until you work here why don't you just keep your How May I Help You? vest ironed and all spiffy like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johney

Hence why I say FT drivers are the ones with vested interest and fight tooth and nail and vehemently oppose RTW philosophy. They count on near minimum wage for dues, H&W and pension contribution, and the union apparently talks these PTers into thinking it is for their benefit when the union is really looking for its own interest and that of the full time drivers.

Someone was making a big deal about supes working a few minute each day and did the math 5min x 10 x 240 = 200hrs. The one making the big deal was probably not concerned about the cumulative total of approximately $2000 in payroll, but the H&W and pension expected from these PTers that they probably don't care much about themselves.

How was the valuation set that hub workers are worth $9.50 while drivers are worth $30+ hr?
This has been discussed I believe numerous times before Assist. If the part-timers are unhappy with what they get why not stand up and vote down the contract? I think they out number drivers by quite a bit(not 100% sure). If they all stood their ground and voted maybe things would change for them. I'll be honest I haven't voted yes on every contract the company has offered....may be none of them, but that I'll keep to myself.

Johney

Hey ASS, no one cares what you think about our Union, our Full Time workers or our Part Time workers much less how you were treated as a Forrest (run Forrest Run!).

Until you work here why don't you just keep your How May I Help You? vest ironed and all spiffy like.
OUCH!:happy2:

Johney

By the way Assist, have you even been called back yet to work inside? If not isn't this all kinda senseless? You do know that for the most part they re-hire the seasonal insiders before they even try to re-hire helpers? Those people are already trained to do preload or reload. So to put you on would cost the company time and money to train you on a job you have no experience doing. I know you are concerned with how UPS spends it's money.

AssistantSanta

Not about UPS but talks about wage system and production standards. It's a great read, in my opinion.
Allen-Bradley:
An American Story

"wages were higher because production per man-hour of work was greater.
The approach was entirely mathematical. Work was organized to get production, and
machines were positioned to save human beings every possible ounce of physical labor."

Johney

Not about UPS but talks about wage system and production standards. It's a great read, in my opinion.
Allen-Bradley:
An American Story

The approach was entirely mathematical. Work was organized to get production, and
machines were positioned to save human beings every possible ounce of physical labor."
You miss the question above this post?

Johney

Waiting for appointment time to become available through upsjobs.com
Good luck dude you may have a long wait ahead of you. Helpers are put at the bottom of the list unless your driver you helped put in a good word for you. Which would really surprise me.

Inthegame

Allen-Bradley:
An American Story

Thank you Assistant, I believe this is your best post. Allen Bradley was a great company. Privately held and family owned it resembled UPS except the philosophy of the Bradleys was to not reward management with stock, only with greater paychecks. It was also a heavily unionized successful company, that had few labor issues. They made quality products and paid quality wages. What a novel concept!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Good luck dude you may have a long wait ahead of you. Helpers are put at the bottom of the list unless your driver you helped put in a good word for you. Which would really surprise me.
Remember? He didn't like heavies? I never asked for help, as I knew what I applied for. I figured out how to negotiate a package heavier than me without help. I earned my co-workers respect. They have jobs to do, and it didn't include helping me all day with heavies.