right to work law

• Thread starter seasonal helper
  • Start date
S

seasonal helper

Right...you worked here 11 years??

yep, back in the day when we made money, I was hired in making $9.60 an hour in 1978, I was rolling in the dough, friend of mine just retired from there in October, she had been there for maybe 30 years part time making $27 an hour. She told me they increased the wages to $10 part time, I still wouldn't pay dues at that wage. She said people are starting to drop out of union since we are a right to work state no.

S

seasonal helper

PT at ups starts at $10-11 depending on which shift you work. PTers get free health insurance....I'd take that over $13 at Fedex and have to pay for insurance.
insurance doesn't mean anything to me, Ive got it through my current pension.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yep, back in the day when we made money, I was hired in making $9.60 an hour in 1978, I was rolling in the dough, friend of mine just retired from there in October, she had been there for maybe 30 years part time making $27 an hour. She told me they increased the wages to $10 part time, I still wouldn't pay dues at that wage. She said people are starting to drop out of union since we are a right to work state no.
30 years PT making $27/hr? I've been here PT 8 years...almost 9...and I make $20+/hr....lol

McGee

image.jpg

S

seasonal helper

package car drivers work really hard, that job will tear your body up if ya do it for a long time. last winter really sucked, it snowed here in indy and it made that job absolutely horrible, good work out though.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im retired, I only do it for the exercise during the winter, otherwise I don't work. I thought about that, but there were about 40 people in the room and nobody backed me up. The lady said "here at ups you have to join the union" Talked to a teamster union steward and he said I didn't have to join!!! I wonder if management is getting a kick back from union!!
Don't even waste your time with this stupid job for seasonal work. Totally not worth it getting whipped like a dogg for 5 weeks. Do yourself a favor and stay retired pops(don't mean that in a bad way) just not worth it for the hours and pay and headache.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't even waste your time with this stupid job for seasonal work. Totally not worth it getting whipped like a dogg for 5 weeks. Do yourself a favor and stay retired pops(don't mean that in a bad way) just not worth it for the hours and pay and headache.
They already fired him...lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Im retired, I only do it for the exercise during the winter, otherwise I don't work. I thought about that, but there were about 40 people in the room and nobody backed me up. The lady said "here at ups you have to join the union" Talked to a teamster union steward and he said I didn't have to join!!! I wonder if management is getting a kick back from union!!
bull:censored:.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why? I am thinking about doing the same for Peak 2019. No responsibility----sit in the jump seat and do what the driver says.