• Thread starter seasonal helper
  • Start date

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
yep, I was fired and hired the same day....lol
tumblr_nb09wbfBr61rpkzmqo6_r2_500.gif

Nimnim

The Nim
30 years PT making $27/hr? I've been here PT 8 years...almost 9...and I make $20+/hr....lol

And either your local has carved out special wages for you or you're lying. Anyone under the NMA doing PT, even with the extra $1 an hour for some things won't be making 20+ an hour with less than 10 years. And 30 years as Pt making 27 an hour if they bid out of their position that would have put them over 30 an hour.

cb1969

I was accepted for seasonal driver helper, its a 5 week assignment that ive been doing for years. Indiana passed the right to work law in 2012, I think it wrong to pay union dues for this job, im not against unions. Talked to a union steward at ups and he told me I didn't have to join! Then why did UPS management throw me out of orientation for not signing the union papers? denied work

You need to contact the National Labor Relations Board and file an unfair labor charge. It is an unfair labor practice. Good luck with it. They may or may not help. Remember what right to work means. Check with your States Labor Department as well. Remember they can always not hire you for another reason, just not that one.

RealPerson

Joining the Union is the best option if you plan on working past Christmas.

I am in a right to work state, I am still part time and have been paying Union Dues for 20 Years.
Now, that doesn't mean I am strongly for the Union, but they are there if you need them, Like car insurance.

S

seasonal helper

Don't even waste your time with this stupid job for seasonal work. Totally not worth it getting whipped like a dogg for 5 weeks. Do yourself a favor and stay retired pops(don't mean that in a bad way) just not worth it for the hours and pay and headache.
I know, I did it 3 years prior to this year. it was nice that I didn't have to drive far to get on the package car. I thought about going back to work at ups, but the wages are not worth my drive to work, half my check would go for gas!!!! friends of mine who work there say people are dropping out of the union now that we are a right to work state. $10 an hour isn't a union wage.

S

seasonal helper

Because his steward, (not really "his" steward since he was never an employee or a member) told him he didn't have to join.

That part about him getting a lawyer, though...
View attachment 19647

Sent using a Potato
nrtw is free representation for those who have had their rights violated by this new law that just passed in Indiana. I cant post links yet

S

seasonal helper

You need to contact the National Labor Relations Board and file an unfair labor charge. It is an unfair labor practice. Good luck with it. They may or may not help. Remember what right to work means. Check with your States Labor Department as well. Remember they can always not hire you for another reason, just not that one.
I was already hired, I have a paper work that says "come prepared to work this day"

ski or die

Ski or Die
And now your permanently laid off. Volunteer in a Nursing Home. You can walk old people up and down the halls. There's your exercise.