Right to Work Laws

Holydriver

It's a pain in the butt to beat here because the company pays off county officials to allow it even though it's illegal. It looks like this practice has become more widespread nationwide.

Look at this crap
id have a friend of mine come and steal some packages from me. not being able to secure the vehicle would end this issue pretty quickly

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep,
And no Social Security either.
I'll just keep working. And saving in my 401k.
Some guys ask me why I haven't retired yet.
It takes too long to explain it to them.
Look at the demographics and explain how the pensions and SS survive.

Working 35+ years at UPS would not be my solution to any problem. To each his own tho. What make you think your 401K is any safer than anything else. Its all a gamble

Method$

Yep,
And no Social Security either.
I'll just keep working. And saving in my 401k.
Some guys ask me why I haven't retired yet.
It takes too long to explain it to them.
Look at the demographics and explain how the pensions and SS survive.
I don't blame you. But, if you keep on working your keeping a good job from someone else who could be raising a family on these wages and benefits (not your fault). But it's going to be an American problem. Take pensions away? Jobs will be filled by qualified poeple. Young poeple will be friend'd. Some will do many illegal things to feed their children... I... won't blame them.

35years

Gravy route
I don't blame you. But, if you keep on working your keeping a good job from someone else who could be raising a family on these wages and benefits (not your fault). But it's going to be an American problem. Take pensions away? Jobs will be filled by qualified poeple. Young poeple will be friend'd. Some will do many illegal things to feed their children... I... won't blame them.
Or you could look at it this way...
If I keep working I will be creating more jobs for young people because I will be earning and spending more instead of living off SS and bleeding the young people dry from the additional taxes it will take to keep SS going.
I don't think it is selfish to contribute to society by working hard and paying taxes.

By The Book

If I keep working I will be creating more jobs for young people because I will be earning and spending more instead of living off SS and bleeding the young people dry from the additional taxes it will take to keep SS going.
I don't think it is selfish to contribute to society by working hard and paying taxes.
Your last sentence is spot on.

Method$

Your right! Those jobs pay what? 10$??? Heath benefits? Oh ya, part time jobs...don't think they are doing for their family what we're doing. 1 job isn't = to our job.

Closed shop states supposedly have more power at the bargaining table. Do they always succeed in getting better supplements than supplements in RTW states?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Closed shop states supposedly have more power at the bargaining table. Do they always succeed in getting better supplements than supplements in RTW states?

This is actually a very good question. It would make sense that the closed shop locals would have the advantage over those from RTW states during negotiations.

This is actually a very good question. It would make sense that the closed shop locals would have the advantage over those from RTW states during negotiations.
I have had the pleasure of working at 2 different major hubs... Orlando,FL and Denver, CO. One is RTW and one is closed shop. The closed shop seems to have a much better supplement