Right to Work States

Delivered

I've seen the following posted around elsewhere:

"To the UPS Teamsters in right to work (for less) states, call your local and let them know that if this is the best contract they can get for their members then you no longer see any reason to continue to pay for their services and will drop out of the union."

At what point does the union price themselves out of business??

UPS Preloader

"To the UPS Teamsters in right to work (for less) states, call your local and let them know that if this is the best contract they can get for their members then you no longer see any reason to continue to pay for their services and will drop out of the union."

Playing Devil's Advocate... At what point do the employees of UPS price themselves out of business?? (Are we going to be the next General Motors?)

whatever. Maybe it's time to drink a beer and get laid. It just ain't that bad. Get over it you have better than most. Actually you have it made. Are you healthy??is your wife and kids? Are you a driver making 32buck an hour with benifits yiu don't pay for out of your check.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
whatever. Maybe it's time to drink a beer and get laid. It just ain't that bad. Get over it you have better than most. Actually you have it made. Are you healthy??is your wife and kids? Are you a driver making 32buck an hour with benifits yiu don't pay for out of your check.

Started drinking a little early tonight 407?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's funny, the cost of living is usually lower in those states, so 32 and hour is a killer wage. Why anyone wouln't want that is beyond me.

balland chain

After the last contract I did just that.. I called my local and asked why the high ins for retirees, why no pension increase, why were there changes made to our pension stopping several coworkers from retiring (when they had planned their cruises).. They could not give me answers..So I called Washington, asked to speak to Mr. Hoffa,, I spoke with one of his minions and asked the same questions, same thing,, no answer.. I asked for Mr. Hoffa to call me to answer these questions that he could not.. NO call, NO surprise.. I asked my union for a withdrawal card, filled it out, and pissed off my BA, and to this day (even though I got back in my union) he does not do ***** for me.. So much after being threatened by center manager that I was terminated due to information on the tractor computer, (they claimed I was on road when I was actually on property) I ended up spending thousands on an Attorney to go after the company for these lies that the center manager was spewing.. My BA did absolutely nothing to assist me, and in hindsight I should have sued the union as well for lack of representation. If this SA does not change, I will be getting out again and can only wish some others would do the same to send a message.. WE pay their salaries to get us the best contract possible, AND to represent us when needed, not close the door on us.. If you are prepared to take care of yourself if a problem arrises, then do it, BUT, if you are in a union that does a good job, I would not advise it..

brostalss

You hit the nail right on the head. The greedy UAW helped GM right into bankruptcy. FYI…GM has to add $1500 to the price of every car to cover pensions. GM became a pension plan that sells cars and the UAW and GM didn't think ahead. Remember GM used to have over 51% of the market. Now they are at 32% and still #1 thank goodness.

MAKAVELI

You hit the nail right on the head. The greedy UAW helped GM right into bankruptcy. FYI…GM has to add $1500 to the price of every car to cover pensions. GM became a pension plan that sells cars and the UAW and GM didn't think ahead. Remember GM used to have over 51% of the market. Now they are at 32% and still #1 thank goodness.
GM went into bankruptcy not because of the workers pension but because they produced crap for 2 decades. The Japanese have been producing more fuel efficient and reliable cars for ever. And now the American car makers are starting to catch on to this novel idea.

brown_trousers

GM went into bankruptcy not because of the workers pension but because they produced crap for 2 decades. The Japanese have been producing more fuel efficient and reliable cars for ever. And now the American car makers are starting to catch on to this novel idea.

GM's financial situation was so different than ours, that it isnt even comparable. And even in the worst case-scenario, GM could have been saved if the union had recognized financial distress in their last contract negotiations. If we ever get to that point of financial distress, we shall adress the issue of concessions....... until then... we will SHARE in the success of this company we have given so much to.

realbrown1

Im no Fan of the TDU. They can keep their views and the attack on our union to themselves! They are on Obamas payroll!
TDU's attacts are not on the union. They wouldn't do that. They love the union. Their attacts are on the union's leadership. We are led by dogs. Fat lazy dogs. We deserve better.
If you are happy to be led by dogs, that's your problem. But I know we deserve better.

realbrown1

I thought you were not a TDUer? Are you a Teamster or TDUer? Can you pick one please? TDU or Teamster? TDU? Teamster?
I am not now, and I probably will never be. Too close to retirement. But I do like TDU alot. As I said before, they actually tell us what is going on. Not this union leadership's "trust us, we know better than you" crap that they always pull.
To answer the last part of your question, I am a teamster that wishes TDU would come up with another Carey. We were never stronger than when a TDU'er ran this great union. Even with the OG trying to tear him down every second of every day.