Right to work states

bsmart

​Hoaxster.....do you happen to shop at Walmart? : ) That is where I go if I want to feel good about myself....

Imagine the price increase at Walmart if they actually became union. In a year they would be the least shopped retail chain in the world...

UPSGUY72

Imagine the price increase at Walmart if they actually became union. In a year they would be the least shopped retail chain in the world...

lets not assume anything. Just because a business becomes unionized doesn't mean a dramatic increase in there prices. Any ways we have a local hardware store that is a union shop and they can compete and beat prices at Home depot.

No...Walmart wouldnt have to raise prices. They would just have to share a little tiny bit of that fat profit they make.America is going backwards, not forwards!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Not really. Costco is unionized on the west coast and they haven't started jacking up costs yet.

The only major change we would likely see would be members of the Walton family having to downsize from a 72' yacht to a 60 footer and maybe having to switch over to generic caviar from the name brand. Also, there's a good chance the Walton children each might have to sell their third summer home, leaving them with only two.

:sad-little:

Not really. Costco is unionized on the west coast and they haven't started jacking up costs yet.

The only major change we would likely see would be members of the Walton family having to downsize from a 72' yacht to a 60 footer and maybe having to switch over to generic caviar from the name brand. Also, there's a good chance the Walton children each might have to sell their third summer home, leaving them with only two.

Kind of what fred Smith and Scott Davis are going through right now??.....lmao

C

chuchu

lets not assume anything. Just because a business becomes unionized doesn't mean a dramatic increase in there prices. Any ways we have a local hardware store that is a union shop and they can compete and beat prices at Home depot.
Check out one of-if not the largest grocery chain.....Kroger's. They've been union for years.

UPSGUY72

They also have a pretty good start pay rate also.

Considering the there are 4 Walton in the TOP 20 richest people in the world worth over $26 billion each and 2 that are worth 3 to 5 Billion. I don't see them having to cut back to much.

But than again Warren Buffet only buys used cars and he's 4th on the list worth $53.5 billion.

C

chuchu

If I remember right, the truck driver strike for Kroger didn't go so well...
Nope. Hence FirstFleet, etc. But their inside employees and warehouse people are union. They aren't the most popular/frequented grocer everywhere but they are STILL about the largest chain with all their subsidiaries and branch chains owned by Kroger.

ocnewguy

Check out one of-if not the largest grocery chain.....Kroger's. They've been union for years.

most all the grocery chains around here are union...it's really in name only though.

crap pay, crap benefits, crap raises. might as well not be.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a lot of Southern Baptist,Right Wing Rush Limbaugh loving anti union types in our center. They will tell you the Union is only there to collect dues,and even without a union they would make the same pay at UPS because they are that awesome. They get the same pay,insurance benefits and retirement as union members( which is a crock of **** in my book!)
Most also get VERY thin skinned and defensive when they are told they are Freeloading Scabs

That's a rather ridiculously broad brush you just painted allot of people with. So, the only thing I can gather from that is that your idea of the perfect UPSer is an atheist, left-wing, Rachel Maddow loving pro union type? LOL! I seriously hope not. This Christian, fairly right wing, Rush Limbaugh TOLERATING (but not a huge fan of), guy pays dues for reasons that are completely separate an unaffected by any if these things.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That's a rather ridiculously broad brush you just painted allot of people with. So, the only thing I can gather from that is that your idea of the perfect UPSer is an atheist, left-wing, Rachel Maddow loving pro union type? LOL! I seriously hope not. This Christian, fairly right wing, Rush Limbaugh TOLERATING (but not a huge fan of), guy pays dues for reasons that are completely separate an unaffected by any if these things.

I don't give a damn if you have a Pat Robertson shrine in your house and 50 Romney/Ryan bumper stickers on your car as long as you pay dues.

I might think you have problems, but who doesn't?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
<shrug> these guys are also Fox news loving, Republican voting, Obama hating folks too.
I have no requirements for the 'perfect' UPSer,I am simply describing the good gentle anti union(until they get a warning letter,feel their seniority has been violated, are tired of excessive hours etc etc) folk my center is composed of.

Overpaid Union Thug

<shrug> these guys are also Fox news loving, Republican voting, Obama hating folks too.
I have no requirements for the 'perfect' UPSer,I am simply describing the good gentle anti union(until they get a warning letter,feel their seniority has been violated, are tired of excessive hours etc etc) folk my center is composed of.

In my center its primarily the opposite end of that spectrum that does that. But as I was trying to say......we have people of varying backgrounds that do that and the backgrounds of of the people that are paying dues vary as well.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In my center its primarily the opposite end of that spectrum that does that. But as I was trying to say......we have people of varying backgrounds that do that and the backgrounds of of the people that are paying dues vary as well.
Bossman,i'm not implying you,anyone in your center or any one you know is as i described. I was simply pointing out the common traits the majority of the Anti Union Freeloading Scabs in my building seem to share