Right to work

upssouth

If you are talking about a FT bid cover driver then you are correct that he/she is guaranteed 8 hours of work every day.

If you are talking about a cover driver (we call them casuals here) he/she is only guaranteed 8 hours if they are put to work that day.

Our casuals work just about every day but if they are not scheduled a quick text to a senior driver gets them on road for the day. I don't mind taking a day here or there to make sure they get their hours.

Here, it doesn't matter if you're a bid cover driver or a ft cover driver not by choice. I.e., bumped off route or promoted to full time. All ft drivers get 8.

So you're saying full time drivers can show up for work only to get sent home if no work is available?

Here, it doesn't matter if you're a bid cover driver or a ft cover driver not by choice. I.e., bumped off route or promoted to full time. All ft drivers get 8.

So you're saying full time drivers can show up for work only to get sent home if no work is available?
Guess it depends where you are at. Things are so different in different parts of the country. Sometimes its hard to get a clear answer on Brown Cafe,for that reason.

box_beeyotch

Here if your a full time cover driver like myself you are guaranteed 8. We only use TCDs from June through the end of peak and they aren't guaranteed work unless they are scheduled for a day then they are guaranteed 8.