Right Wing kooks Arrested, Finally!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There is no compassion for an idiot that is trying to make the ten oclock news with stupid stunts like that. Maybe he will learn with a good taste of reality jail.
The newspapers today state that the men wearing hardhats had the hidden camera, which was not O'keefe

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm looking forward to these guys getting their day in court just to find out exactly what they were trying to do. Landrieu isn't really a far left democrat, she's fairly middle of the road so I wonder why they were targeting her. It sounds like this O'Keefe kid got a little carried away with his role as a "guerrilla journalist".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I thought I heard somewhere that they were trying to show how Mary L. wasn't answering her phone calls and was being totally inaccesible to her constituants.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought I heard somewhere that they were trying to show how Mary L. wasn't answering her phone calls and was being totally inaccessible to her constituents.
Yeah, I read that too but that seems pretty trivial. This elaborate plot, costumes, hidden cameras, not to mention breaking the law, all just to prove that she wasn't answering the phone?

P

pickup

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought they finally nailed Moreluck and Tieguy aka Bonniey and Snide. I see that I was wrong. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

tieguy

Banned
be nice now. When you liberals are dying from the munchies from all the reefer you smoked you'll be lucky if you can find someone like more to cook you some grub. ....:)

wkmac

Yeah, I read that too but that seems pretty trivial. This elaborate plot, costumes, hidden cameras, not to mention breaking the law, all just to prove that she wasn't answering the phone?

Don't know if you saw this concerning the incident. Although I love guerilla journalism/filmaking and champion this approach on people in power, it appears to me this is starting to more and more sound like TOS's adjective of "maroon" may be the correct term. I think the better approach would have been to document on film numerous, numerous attempts to call that office with no response and then go to the office and ambush them by replaying the video and filming the response. IMO just as effective.

bbsam

Staff member
There is no compassion for an idiot that is trying to make the ten oclock news with stupid stunts like that. Maybe he will learn with a good taste of reality jail.
Oh, he'll taste something alright. Not sure I'd call it "reality", but everyone has their own name for it.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't know if you saw this concerning the incident. Although I love guerilla journalism/filmaking and champion this approach on people in power, it appears to me this is starting to more and more sound like TOS's adjective of "maroon" may be the correct term. I think the better approach would have been to document on film numerous, numerous attempts to call that office with no response and then go to the office and ambush them by replaying the video and filming the response. IMO just as effective.
So for those on the right that like this kind of activity and the guerilla tactics involved, exactly when does the "rule of law" trump the public's right to know? If this guy had found evidence of an illicit and tawdry affair of Paris Hilton proportions, would the breaking of the law with regards to a U.S. Senator simply be pushed aside in a mad dash to scrape the DNA off a blue dress?

wkmac

So for those on the right that like this kind of activity and the guerilla tactics involved, exactly when does the "rule of law" trump the public's right to know? If this guy had found evidence of an illicit and tawdry affair of Paris Hilton proportions, would the breaking of the law with regards to a U.S. Senator simply be pushed aside in a mad dash to scrape the DNA off a blue dress?

Since you quoted me when making this post, am I correct that you are suggesting that I'm on "the right?" Interesting. I'm just curious as to what I said in my post that made you think that of me? There's an empty bucket who makes more hollow noise than anything who suggests I'm on the left or a liberal, not that I'm opposed to that in it's classical, traditional sense (as opposed to the 20th century to present tradition) but you have taken an opposite approach.

Enquiring minds want to know!

Also in my example of how this "maroon" should have acted (quoted below for a refresher), how is that approach wrong or "rightwing" when this same approach is used time and time again by everyone from guerilla journalists to 60 Minutes to public advocacy groups? Ever cheer on someone like Micheal Moore?

:peaceful:

I think the better approach would have been to document on film numerous, numerous attempts to call that office with no response and then go to the office and ambush them by replaying the video and filming the response. IMO just as effective.

BTW: If an employee who works for an employer is not conducting themselves according to the requirements of the job, does that employer have the right to know this? If so, then when is it not the right of the employer (taxpayers/voters) to not know what our employees (elected servants, appointed servants, civil servants) are doing on behalf of our company (nation) in the actions and activities of job performance? Rule of law aside (and I'd agree to that point) but I think you need to consider "all aspects" of what you call "the rule of law" again.

Ever gone up to one of these taxeaters and remind them that they work for you? I have many times and these swine hate it and they so often try and use force and intimidation to maintain their position of supremacy and authority rather than just do the job they are suppose too. They have to resort to force or aggression and what alone does that tell you? How is that any different from a Stalin, a Mao or a Hitler?

Wake Up!

:wink2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Since you quoted me when making this post, am I correct that you are suggesting that I'm on "the right?" Interesting.
He called you out...sucker!! Listen to me you are now going to vote for Palin...repeat after me!!!:hypnosis:

Also in my example of how this "maroon" should have acted (quoted below for a refresher), how is that approach wrong or "rightwing" when this same approach is used time and time again by everyone from guerilla journalists to 60 Minutes to public advocacy groups? Ever cheer on someone like Micheal Moore?

Amen brother!!:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
wkmac
You are correct to point out the other instances including Michael Moore that obviously do not constitute "right wing". And no, I don't cheer them on. Personally I find them sensationalistic dung on all sides.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Statement from James O’Keefe

by James O'Keefe The government has now confirmed what has always been clear: no one tried to wiretap or bug Senator Landrieu’s office. Nor did we try to cut or shut down her phone lines. Reports to this effect over the past 48 hours are inaccurate and false.
As an investigative journalist, my goal is to expose corruption and lack of concern for citizens by government and other institutions, as I did last year when our investigations revealed the massive corruption and fraud perpetuated by ACORN. For decades, investigative journalists have used a variety of tactics to try to dig out and reveal the truth.
I learned from a number of sources that many of Senator Landrieu’s constituents were having trouble getting through to her office to tell her that they didn’t want her taking millions of federal dollars in exchange for her vote on the healthcare bill. When asked about this, Senator Landrieu’s explanation was that, “Our lines have been jammed for weeks.” I decided to investigate why a representative of the people would be out of touch with her constituents for “weeks” because her phones were broken. In investigating this matter, we decided to visit Senator Landrieu’s district office – the people’s office – to ask the staff if their phones were working.
On reflection, I could have used a different approach to this investigation, particularly given the sensitivities that people understandably have about security in a federal building. The sole intent of our investigation was to determine whether or not Senator Landrieu was purposely trying to avoid constituents who were calling to register their views to her as their Senator. We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I’m eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media.
It has been amazing to witness the journalistic malpractice committed by many of the organizations covering this story. MSNBC falsely claimed that I violated a non-existent “gag order.” The Associated Press incorrectly reported that I “broke in” to an office which is open to the public. The Washington Post has now had to print corrections in two stories on me. And these are just a few examples of inaccurate and false reporting. The public will judge whether reporters who can’t get their facts straight have the credibility to question my integrity as a journalist.
The government has now confirmed what has always been clear: No one tried to wiretap or bug Senator Landrieu’s office. Nor did we try to cut or shut down her phone lines. Reports to this effect over the past 48 hours are inaccurate and false.
As an investigative journalist, my goal is to expose corruption and lack of concern for citizens by government and other institutions, as I did last year when our investigations revealed the massive corruption and fraud perpetrated by ACORN. For decades, investigative journalists have used a variety of tactics to try to dig out and reveal the truth.
I learned from a number of sources that many of Senator Landrieu’s constituents were having trouble getting through to her office to tell her that they didn’t want her taking millions of federal dollars in exchange for her vote on the healthcare bill. When asked about this, Senator Landrieu’s explanation was that, “Our lines have been jammed for weeks.” I decided to investigate why a representative of the people would be out of touch with her constituents for “weeks” because her phones were broken. In investigating this matter, we decided to visit Senator Landrieu’s district office – the people’s office – to ask the staff if their phones were working.
On reflection, I could have used a different approach to this investigation, particularly given the sensitivities that people understandably have about security in a federal building. The sole intent of our investigation was to determine whether or not Senator Landrieu was purposely trying to avoid constituents who were calling to register their views to her as their Senator. We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I’m eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media.
It has been amazing to witness the journalistic malpractice committed by many of the organizations covering this story. MSNBC falsely claimed that I violated a non-existent “gag order.” The Associated Press incorrectly reported that I “broke in” to an office which is open to the public. The Washington Post has now had to print corrections in two stories on me. And these are just a few examples of inaccurate and false reporting. The public will judge whether reporters who can’t get their facts straight have the credibility to question my integrity as a journalist.

tieguy

Banned

bbsam wkmac is really a liberal in libertarian disguise. There is not too much about him that is right.....:)