Rights for Employees regarding security?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Just wondering if the Jax HUB is the only one that has to undo our belt buckles completely and take our footwear fully off when leaving the building? What are our rights ( if any) regarding this?

over9five

Staff member
This is being done in service to the employer. I'm thinking a group grievance to get paid to take off your shoes should give them a hint.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
He is right--you should always work as directed and grieve later.

What is the reasoning for the extra security measures?

I haven't asked...I'm guessing there was a theft recently....... the head security guy today said there was a 30-day notice given but I never heard anything about it

Johney

As long a you're not stealing who cares? Although they are asking you to do things off the clock right?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would just keep walking. That, or I would wear shorts which are WAYYY too big, so when I took off my belt my shorts fell down, and on all days....the day when I'm going commando cause I don't have clean drawers

Mr Shifter

If the metal detector goes off here you will be asked to take your shoes off. I go trow without incident because I don't set the detectors off but I see the many other workers having to take their boots and belts off. (Even full time feeder drivers) they've been doing this for probably a year now

over9five

Staff member
Baaaa, sounds like a lot of sheep in that building. If they try that here, they will be paying us to take off our shoes and belt.

If they're going to treat me like a criminal, they will pay to do so. It's an easy win, we get paid "for all time spent in the service to the employer". I don't think they'll pay us, but the grievance will stop the stupidity of asking us to remove shoes. You guys got to get some cajones and file.

jaker

trolling
Screw that when the boots come off that means I am at home , my question would be is how would you get in trouble since you are off the clock

The reason I ask is because I come from a small hub and we don't have security or even ID badges

barnyard

KTM rider
Huh.

Maybe I should have questioned it more when they put a stripper pole in the guard shack. We were told it was to make searching a more 'heart healthy' activity. It is a surprising amount of work to slide up a pole, hang upside-down and shake to show our pockets are empty.

fergie33

MonavieLeaker:982681 said:
Just wondering if the Jax HUB is the only one that has to undo our belt buckles completely and take our footwear fully off when leaving the building? What are our rights ( if any) regarding this?

Are the guards "certified peace officers"? If so, I can't say it better than what was ratified as the 4th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable search and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrents shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."