Ring doorbell camera

dezguy

Apparently he isn't in the tropical part of Canada either.

Is there such a place? Lol.

Actually, the West coast is pretty mild. Most of the guys working in B.C. don't even have winter coats. Then there are other places where I don't know if I could handle. I know of one guy at the Calgary ramp, who was working outside unloading a plane and the liquid in his eyeball froze because it was so cold out. Now, all the guys and gals working at the Calgary ramp have to wear goggles during winter if they're going to be outside.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
If it's 32 or below, I do not turn off the truck at every stop if it's going to be quick. I keep the door key on me (attached to my belt loop or on my wrist). If a thief wants to smash the window right in front of me and take the truck, I'll let him. I'd rather not be in it. Yep, I'd probably get fired too.

barnyard

KTM rider
Besides the Ring cameras, I am also seeing more garage door openers where you type in the last 3 digits of the tracking number and the door opens. Slide the package in, hit enter and the door closes. I like those.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Those door bells are popping up all over the place on my route. I understand the pay discrepancy between UPS and FedEx but I see a lot of packages delivered by ground left out in plain sight, trucks running left out in the lane of traffic and other practices that would result in an eventual termination from UPS. knowing now that we are all under even more surveillance of some sort perhaps that will motivate a change in behavior.

McFeely

Huge Member
I've gotten in the habit of not knocking anymore if there's a crazy barking dog inside the house or if they haven't shoveled their snow. My last dog bite was a pitbull that ran outside when the owner opened the door to get the package I left on the front step and I'm tired of all the ice and snow that people haven't shoveled from 2 weeks ago.

Do these Ring doorbells turn on their cameras from motion activity or just by pressing them? They're obviously recording before the delivery guy gets to the door, so I guess that answers my question and you're gonna be recorded regardless...

Express Courier

My favorite deliveries are when there is a gate at the end of the driveway with no call button. Hell even if there is a call button it's 50/50 if I actually hit the call button. Depends on how isolated the gate is from the main road.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My favorite deliveries are when there is a gate at the end of the driveway with no call button. Hell even if there is a call button it's 50/50 if I actually hit the call button. Depends on how isolated the gate is from the main road.
How about the gates with the keypad and no call button, but they've left a note on it to call so and so number for entrance.... How about no.

Express Courier

How about the gates with the keypad and no call button, but they've left a note on it to call so and so number for entrance.... How about no.
lol yeah, no, not gonna happen.

I made the mistake of calling a customer whose house I couldn't find one time. By the time I found him he knew my name, phone number, probably had my facebook page open on his computer too. (although I did delete my facebook a few years ago)

8 Hour Day

I'm seeing them all over my route & have been for a while. They can even talk to you through them when they're not home, which is awesome. I've been asked to take a sig. req. pkg. to a specific neighbor in the past. That rocks.

I'm a bit silly sometimes, so I'll sing as I approach the door, start talking to them, do a little dance... whatever... just giving the homeowners a reason to chuckle. Granted, I've been on the route for years, so these folks know me.

FedExer267

Those door bells are popping up all over the place on my route. I understand the pay discrepancy between UPS and FedEx but I see a lot of packages delivered by ground left out in plain sight, trucks running left out in the lane of traffic and other practices that would result in an eventual termination from UPS. knowing now that we are all under even more surveillance of some sort perhaps that will motivate a change in behavior.
I doubt it seriously. Yes these doorbell things are all over my route to so I am sure they are everywhere now but the name of the game is training. You just don't get it at G. My boss did a PU for me a couple months back and I returned 7 Boxes a week later that were damaged the warehouse guy said he was not surprised and it happened during the PU. His exact words he backed up to the dock scanned the boxes and just started throwing them in the truck from the dock the boxes that were damaged all were marked fragile. He was shocked.
But hey it is what it is the majority of drivers do their PU's this way you can always tell when you get back to the building and walk down the belt to leave looking at the piles of PU's in the trucks.
No training and low wages will always provide crappy service.
These doorbell cameras will not change the service you get with G. That's why when I order anything it comes UPS.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Actually I'm a door knocker myself. I only ring the doorbells that protrude out a bit and are shaped like a rectangle. I like to karate chop those and run.

Ah no wonder i see some of those buttons that are cracked... jk, they're exposed to sunlight and over time, oxidizes and crack?

I had one of those today... saw that with beware of dog signs all over the place. Amazon delivery by ups was there on Friday & placed over the locked gate. Saw the camera on the corner post, waved at it. Bagged n placed over the gate as well.

FX267, it all falls on the local driver's work ethic. I saw on another thread that a retired UPSer gets his parcels from the local FX Ground driver who gives a damn about his customers in his service area.

I was transferred to a different area after peak and the previous customers are now asking what happened~ im not the boss of that area so i go with the flow

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Do these Ring doorbells turn on their cameras from motion activity or just by pressing them? They're obviously recording before the delivery guy gets to the door, so I guess that answers my question and you're gonna be recorded regardless...

Yup, i said it on the first page while researching this phenomenon. Infra red motion detection so now i just go near it and not ring... only for sig required if i see those things

barnyard

KTM rider
I've never seen anything like that.

http://trackpin.com/

The video shows the door opening about 2 feet. I set the package on the ground, enter the pin, slide the package in with my foot, hit enter, door closes, I leave. The pin is always the last 3 digits of the tracking #, so it always changes; making it more secure than passing out the garage door pin to everyone. Plus the door only opens partway, so people passing cannot look inside.

Pretty cool idea.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
http://trackpin.com/

The video shows the door opening about 2 feet. I set the package on the ground, enter the pin, slide the package in with my foot, hit enter, door closes, I leave. The pin is always the last 3 digits of the tracking #, so it always changes; making it more secure than passing out the garage door pin to everyone. Plus the door only opens partway, so people passing cannot look inside.

Pretty cool idea.
Very cool!