RIP Dallas linehaul driver

dezguy

Horrible. Hopefully they at least find the body so the family can have some closure. Thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased and his family.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ground, which isn't surprising. Tragic, but Ground is an unsafe operation. I hope the Feds crack down soon and save some lives.
Exactly. Ground is extremely unsafe (look at their FMCSA scores) but that's what happens when your CEO only cares about profit and ignores safety.

overflowed

Man is this the truth. Everyone remember this, especially when you're down to the last few minutes before commitment time on your route.
I haven't really cared about commits for many years. If I say I'm over and no help so be it. If they aren't concerned, neither am I.

l22

I haven't really cared about commits for many years. If I say I'm over and no help so be it. If they aren't concerned, neither am I.

That's the way to do it. It seems like new couriers are really tricked into thinking they have to make service though, even if they're set up for failure by being over and managers not giving them any help.

fedex_rtd

FedEx Corporation saves money by having these so called "independent drivers" working for them, that's one power unit that they don't have to replace, they don't have to pay any of the benefits that they would have had to pay out if an "employee" had been killed on the job either.

Good job Ground keep it up!

Code43

Sad story. I have no beef with Ground drivers. My beef is with the company that employs Ground drivers. I think they're underpaid and undertrained.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sad story. I have no beef with Ground drivers. My beef is with the company that employs Ground drivers. I think they're underpaid and undertrained.

Yep. I feel bad for them too. The OTR driver market is very tight right now, so the better drivers (read safe and well-trained drivers) are going to the carriers who pay more. That isn't FedEx Ground. Boris and Boris Inc., or Punjabi Enterprises Inc., who line-haul FedEx Ground, get exactly what they're willing to pay for...low-time, inexperienced drivers or marginal drivers who already have issues and can only drive for a lowball operation like Ground.

The FMCSA scores just keep getting worse, and the Feds eventually will get around to doing more than slapping Fred's hand.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You guys don't let a single tragedy go to waste, do you? Stay classy, people.

It's a preventable tragedy Shillette. I get tired of seeing Ground trucks upside down in the ditch, down the side of a mountain etc, and dead Ground semi drivers. You know why it happens? It's because the Ground business model creates an UNSAFE environment that utilizes poorly-trained and/or inexperienced truck drivers. It bothers me even more when some innocent motorist gets taken out.

Frederick Weasel Smith would rather see lots of people die so he can keep up his profit margins.

That's real "class" for you.