RIP Dannyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
For those of you that have been on this forum for a long time, I found out that he passed away today. He had retired from UPS a long time ago and started a fish pond business in Tennessee. He hasn't been on here for a while and I don't know the cause.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
For those of you that have been on this forum for a long time, I found out that he passed away today. He had retired from UPS a long time ago and started a fish pond business in Tennessee. He hasn't been on here for a while and I don't know the cause.

Wow.

Sad. May he RIP.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
RIP Danny.
We sort of got to be friends.
I helped him get a claim processed that UPS was balking on and he bought me lunch on one of his trips through Atlanta.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Very sorry to hear! I learned quite a lot from dear old Dannyboy. He was quite knowledgeable and seemed to me to be a fair and level headed guy. I wondered why he didn't pop in more often and share some of his sage union wisdom. He will be missed here on bc, and I'm sure in many hearts of friends, family and coworkers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was just thinking of him 2 days ago. Sorry to hear that he passed. I enjoyed his fish pond talk.
He was on my Xmas cookie list one year. RIP.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's rough when you lose a former co-worker when you feel that they are part of your family. a lot of retirees pass within the first 5 years( don't know how long dannyboy was retired ) for some reason. you have to stay busy .

moreluck

golden ticket member
"...Oh oh, Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died, but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky."

Elton John

Oh danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow