RIP Dannyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overpaid Union Thug

For those of you that have been on this forum for a long time, I found out that he passed away today. He had retired from UPS a long time ago and started a fish pond business in Tennessee. He hasn't been on here for a while and I don't know the cause.
I think he was on here earlier in the year. I was shocked because it seemed like it had been years. I had no idea his health was failing. Do you know what happened?

over9five

Staff member
He was one of the Mavericks from the good ol' days of Brown Cafe. One of the members I respected most.
Godspeed, my friend.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think he was on here earlier in the year. I was shocked because it seemed like it had been years. I had no idea his health was failing. Do you know what happened?

I don't know what happened to him yet. He had friended me on Facebook a few years back although his account remained inactive. I got some notifications of comments from his friends and family members yesterday, that's how I found out. I haven't seen an obituary listed yet, its too soon.

When I joined Brown Cafe, he was a regular who posted on here all the time. He argued with tieguy a lot as he was a job steward. I had always considered him a solid guy who gave a lot of good advice.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I didn't read a cause yet, it happened suddenly about two in the afternoon Sunday according to family comments. It sounds like a heart attack. I would like to post the obituary, I'm a little hesitant since we try to keep things anonymous.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't read a cause yet, it happened suddenly about two in the afternoon Sunday according to family comments. It sounds like a heart attack. I would like to post the obituary, I'm a little hesitant since we try to keep things anonymous.
so, copy and paste and delete the identifying parts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Daniel , child of God, 61, of Blountville, passed away suddenly on Sunday, June 12, 2016. He retired from UPS and then pursued his love of fish and water with Something Fishie. He was preceded by his mother, . He leaves behind his loving wife, ; daughter, ; son, ; father, ; sisters, brothers, He was blessed with many special neices, nephews, great-nieces and nephews. Surrogate granddaughters, who were all his own. Visitation will be Thursday, June 16, 2016 from 5 until 7 p.m. with Celebration of Life

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My condolences. I never knew him but from the high opinion held by others who did, that says a lot about the character of a man.

A sad loss for the world I would say and brown cafe. There's always a need for men of strong character to have conversations.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
not sure if that is a good idea. maybe if family gave permission. this is too personal. i'm sure that the BC members who knew him personally can view the obit and just give us some general info.

Status
Not open for further replies.