RIP Mr Skunk

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I had a sup that would call a few of us every time he ran a route and say I worked from X-y on z route. Lmao
Whenever we were short on local I would try to get preloaders. The top seniority guy would come in which was great because he would threaten grievances every time I worked. Always had new guys by the end of the week.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I understand but like today it was because someone was watching training videos. Uhh keep them later or bring them in earlier.
I'm not saying it is right, but it's almost certainly because we can't let PTers get any OT. Like if I am beyond short on one of my sorts I need to call the district manager and get permission to double shift.

But a top rate driver, sure why not.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not saying it is right, but it's almost certainly because we can't let PTers get any OT. Like if I am beyond short on one of my sorts I need to call the district manager and get permission to double shift.

But a top rate driver, sure why not.
I assumed that's what it was.

And exactly why I volunteered. Ok don't want to pay this guy $16 an hour you can pay me $52

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I assumed that's what it was.

And exactly why I volunteered. Ok don't want to pay this guy $16 an hour you can pay me $52
It's stupid. Like I get why limiting OT is in place. Completely makes sense. As a shareholder, love the idea. But there needs to be a better system in place for it. Just saying no is stupid.

It's the same with the PT Sups. I can't let them get over 27.5 in a week. So Friday rolls around and my Preload sup has enough hours to pretty much just start preload and the OMS has to finish it. That hour before driver start is my busiest. I can't do it. Then he doesn't get his stuff all done, so he has to dump it on the PM OMS. Then he doesn't get his stuff done and has to dump it on the local sort sup, then he can't finish it all and Monday morning I'm getting yelled at on a conference call over why stuff isn't getting done.

Um....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's stupid. Like I get why limiting OT is in place. Completely makes sense. As a shareholder, love the idea. But there needs to be a better system in place for it. Just saying no is stupid.

It's the same with the PT Sups. I can't let them get over 27.5 in a week. So Friday rolls around and my Preload sup has enough hours to pretty much just start preload and the OMS has to finish it. That hour before driver start is my busiest. I can't do it. Then he doesn't get his stuff all done, so he has to dump it on the PM OMS. Then he doesn't get his stuff done and has to dump it on the local sort sup, then he can't finish it all and Monday morning I'm getting yelled at on a conference call over why stuff isn't getting done.

Um....
The extreme limiting of hours for our PT workforce has never made sense to me.

That's our cheapest labor.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The extreme limiting of hours for our PT workforce has never made sense to me.

That's our cheapest labor.
I get it and I don't. I get why we want to avoid it, but I don't get why we use drivers to fix the OT issues. I mean it's just exclusively drivers too. FT Insiders are on that OT ban as well.

And with the PT Sups it's even dumber. They don't get OT until 8! Like really? We can't pay this guy another 45 bucks to get the job done right?

rod

Retired 22 years
I was riding with a friend up at hunting camp one year and he purposely swerved to run over a whole family of skunks crossing the road. Bad decision. I told you I had goofy friends.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg