RIP Tweety Kitty

fethrs

I had to take my beautiful, loveable, and sometimes mean and cranky Calico to the vet Tuesday. She was suffering from kidney failure, she may have had a better chance if I had not waited so long, but it's hard to tell. She is not coming home, today is her last day.
I am soo freaking sad, I loved her sooo much. This sucks!

This gives me a chance to say something to all pet lovers out there. If your pet is not acting normal and you notice it, DON'T WAIT go to the vet. There may be something going wrong and the sooner you find out the better.
I can't post pics right now but she is on my profile page, the Calico in the blanket.
RIP Tweety. I love you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Sorry feth !

I know the feeling too well.
I should have taken my german shepard to the vet earlier , too.

I hope she forgave me.
But, I sure give her a wonderful life in return.
And , thats what you need to concentrate on.

My heart is with you, and Calico !

May her rest in peace !

P

pickup

May your grieving
over the leaving
of your Calico be brief
to be followed
by the hallowed
feeling of peace.

4-23-08 the day I put nacho my min-pincher down I cried like a 4 year old little girl. My condolences Fethers it's like losing a sibling or a parent. They are with you through thick and thin.

fethrs

Sorry about your cat. How long did you have her?
Thank you More, I had her for about 10 years maybe more than that, longer than I've been married. She was with me here from the start...hard to adjust right now, your thoughts and posts are nice to read, thanks.

fethrs

4-23-08 the day I put nacho my min-pincher down I cried like a 4 year old little girl. My condolences Fethers it's like losing a sibling or a parent. They are with you through thick and thin.

Been crying all day, it comes and goes, one minute I am fine, the next minute a mess. Thanks for sharing.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Our pets are a part of our family. Tony and I have had to put pets down more than once. It is heart wrenching.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

bigbrownhen

Im sorry you lost your little friend. We had our little rat terrier for 10 years, it was really tough to let him go. I still tell sillly stories about that dog to my customers sometimes. They become such a big part of our lives. Again, sorry for your loss, thinking of you....

fethrs

Thank you and thank you ladies, this is the BC I love. The compassion and the feelings of real people, it helps, it really does.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thinking of you feathrs!
Losing a member of your family is always tough.
I still miss Zeus who died back on Jan 16th of this year but I mostly remember his personality ... the hurt does fade away.

UPSAOT

So sorry to hear of your loss- I know exactly what you are going through. I thought I'd never get over my cat Shadow who I had for 14 years...I swore I'd never get another pet so I wouldn't have to feel that ever again. But the sadness does fade eventually, and of course I broke my promise of no more pets and a year later took in a kitten of a stray that was in my Aunt's yard. Just try to remember the happy memories, and that you gave her a good life.

fethrs

A year or so after she found me she had a litter. Janey I kept, and one, another calico female kitten, I gave to a driver at work. I may find him and see if they have any kittens that are from Tweety's line. I know the one I gave him was never spayed, she had litters, at least one I know of, so there may be more around.
I can not replace her but I think it would be kind of neat if I could find another calico kitty that was related to her. What do you all think? Yay? Nay?

fethrs

Rescue somebody from a pound!! They will be forever grateful!
All my cats have been strays, it would be so hard for me to go to the pound and bring one home, I wish I could save them all.
I seriousy doubt I will find a kitten related to her. I have 3 still, so that helps.