RLA PETITION

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some of our drivers who retired in the late 70's/early 80's receive a $7K (or more)/month pension. This has since been reduced to around $5K/month which is still nothing to sneeze at.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our dues are 2.5 times our hourly wage. Pretty sure, if you do the math, you would find that FE dues would be lower. My math could be wrong though.

This varies from region to region---ours are 3 x hourly.

For a UPS guy it does. I know that some regions are doing better than others, but I thought that the richest region still topped out at $4k a month.

My projected pension will be just over $5K/month. We have some retirees with pensions of $7K/month or more.

bbsam

Staff member
Read up on the numerous articles of how "Liberalism is a mental disorder." If Stalin himself was able to get you a union, you would vote for him.

I thought the numbers were more like 3400-3900$
I've also read that businessmen are sociopaths. A lot of things that are written are total crap.

Serf

I've also read that businessmen are sociopaths. A lot of things that are written are total crap.

No doubt about it. And yes bull hooey is everywhere in the media. I get excited like Jo Jo the Indian Circus boy when I read. But I try to curb my sources to the most reputable.

barnyard

KTM rider
875 signatures. I would be surprised if it breaks 5k.

This could be one of those good things/bad things. Very few signatures would be just the proof that Fred can point to and say, "See, even my employees are not that excited for a union. Leave the RLA alone." To which an uneducated politician would probably agree.

The more I think about it, the more I see very little upside to the petition.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This could be one of those good things/bad things. Very few signatures would be just the proof that Fred can point to and say, "See, even my employees are not that excited for a union. Leave the RLA alone." To which an uneducated politician would probably agree.
All while Fred is writing him a check for $50,000.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
How many employees even know about the damn petition? Had it not been for this place I'm sure I never would've heard boo about it.

didyousheetit

Our pension is basically $100 x number of years + $300. So, example 35 years would be paid at $3800 a month. Our dues are 2.5 x hourly rate per month. Current rate is $32.20 an hour, with all the ot you want

Sent using BrownCafe App

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
My biggest take with having a union, (besides what's been posted):

You have a "representative" on your side, as you sit across from the District Mgr., Sr. Mgr., your so-called manager, the H.R. rep and/or the Safety Director.

Sure, I'd like a cost-of-living raise, decent health insurance premiums ... etc. etc.

The GFT process is a joke. Although I'm very good at representing myself, not all
folk can say the same. Besides ... a new memo wouldn't come out every month.
Changes would go through the UNION first.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Changes would go through the UNION first.

This is not necessarily true. The company does not check with the union before implementing operational changes. Changes to items which are covered in our contract cannot be made while the contract is still in effect unless otherwise provided for in the agreement.