Road Test Attire

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Hey everyone

I've got my road test on Monday and aside from not showing up in flip-flops and a three piece Versace suit, are there any recommendations you have about what to/ what to not wear?

The reason I ask is that during our interview session, the dress code ran the gambit from full suits to "pants on the ground." I'm guessing that utilitarian is the way to go.

Thanks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hey everyone

I've got my road test on Monday and aside from not showing up in flip-flops and a three piece Versace suit, are there any recommendations you have about what to/ what to not wear?

The reason I ask is that during our interview session, the dress code ran the gambit from full suits to "pants on the ground." I'm guessing that utilitarian is the way to go.

Thanks.
Black is generally preferred since you're kissing your life good-bye! ;D

Box Ox

I'm getting that impression. I once asked a UPS driver in a DQ parking lot if he liked his job and he laughed and said "where to begin..."

Job's not the worst you could have.

But in the morning you'll be on the road next to people who woke up an hour later than you who you'll see coming back home and enjoying time with their families late afternoon while you've still got a few hours of work left. Every day, year round.

I only do it for the pay and the truly great customers who see the UPS guy as a friend.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Short sleeves, shorts, closed toed shoes and shaved. Utilitarian is correct.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm probably the most concerned about downshifting in a PC. I'm a bad manual owner who brakes instead of downshifting so it's an ingrained habit.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
"Utilitarian" would be a good approach. Slacks/trousers in a darker color (tan/khaki will instantly show the dirt you'll pick up from the truck) and a plain or simple pattern button up short sleeve shirt with a white Tshirt underneath.

Box Ox

I'm probably the most concerned about downshifting in a PC. I'm a bad manual owner who brakes instead of downshifting so it's an ingrained habit.

You and me both. I always pop it into neutral slowing down. Fortunately my on car only cared that I gave him a safe and smooth ride around the area.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That's for after you've got a mortgage and are hooked. :-)
image.jpg

upschuck

Do not hit clutch(while braking) until PC is about to die, then you should be slow enough not to have to downshift, until stopped, then put emergency brake on, and put in neutral. Then when about to start up, put in first, release ebrake, and off you go.