Road Trains

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I saw a few of these road trains when I studied in Australia. The pictures don't do it justice. The length of those suckers is unbelievable. The ground shakes like a freight train. Really gutsy to drive one of those IMO.

rod

Retired 22 years
I plan on seeing it when it plays at our local drive-in movie. The drive-in just installed a digital projector so it is worth it to see movies there with lots of visual effects.

Wow!---you still have a drive-in movie? I don't think there are any left at all in Mn.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Wow!---you still have a drive-in movie? I don't think there are any left at all in Mn.
Theres one in Lake Elmo that I believe is still open and I know the one in Warren is for sure still open.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our local drive in has been in operation since the 50's. It used to be way out past the edge of town, but urban growth has expanded the city out to where the drive-in is. Fortunately, most of our City Council grew up going to the drive-in (and some may very well have been conceived there too) so they passed a law that any new buildings that go up near the drive-in are required to connect all their parking lot and outdoor lighting to a remote control so that the drive-in can shut them off during movie times in order to prevent light pollution from affecting the screen.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Our local drive in has been in operation since the 50's. It used to be way out past the edge of town, but urban growth has expanded the city out to where the drive-in is. Fortunately, most of our City Council grew up going to the drive-in (and some may very well have been conceived there too) so they passed a law that any new buildings that go up near the drive-in are required to connect all their parking lot and outdoor lighting to a remote control so that the drive-in can shut them off during movie times in order to prevent light pollution from affecting the screen.
That's really cool of your city council. Most people would scream that they shouldn't have to deal with the nuisance in their back yard.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's really cool of your city council. Most people would scream that they shouldn't have to deal with the nuisance in their back yard.
The drive-in was there first. And the residents of our town are very supportive and protective of the drive-in. It has also been granted a property tax exemption, because the value of the land it sits on is such that if it had to pay full value it would go bankrupt. What they did was make it an "island" of land that technically sits outside of city limits even though it is surrounded on all side by city property, thus allowing it to be taxed at a far lower rural rate. Screwing with our drive in would be career suicide for any politician who even considered it.

laffter

Why does this look like something out of a post apocalyptic film?

landtrain_03_750-700x518.jpg