Robin Williams RIP

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Happier days for Robin some 25 years ago ...

This has always been one of my favorite songs. Anytime someone really pisses me off or I'm feeling down, I hum the song over and over. Lol. I forgot he was in the video. You can't help but smile watching it. They looked like they were having so much fun.

Last edited:
True but there's always a way out that doesn't so incredibly devastate loved ones. Robin Williams had it all and couldn't see it. Now his family is left to grieve a life cut terribly short.
Severe Depression and bipolar disorder is what he had. If you don't have it ordon't know anyone who does it might look like that. The man had a problem. God made him this way.

Packmule

Can't count how many times I've walked into work thinking, "good morning Vietnam!"
Thanks, Robin, for all the laughs, tears, and great one-liners that make this world a little easier to bear.
RIP

bbsam

Staff member
Severe Depression and bipolar disorder is what he had. If you don't have it ordon't know anyone who does it might look like that. The man had a problem. God made him this way.
Is it easier to focus on bipolar and depression rather than his untreated alcoholism and drug addiction? Where does one stop and the other begin? Are not all such conditions treatable?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is it easier to focus on bipolar and depression rather than his untreated alcoholism and drug addiction? Where does one stop and the other begin? Are not all such conditions treatable?
Agreed all those conditions are treatable but similar in that like an addiction...having a mental illness requires you to first admit you have a problem and want to get better. In my experience (i'm not saying they are all like this) some people who are bipolar do not always stay on their meds...some enjoy the manic side of the spectrum....and then when they become depressed...they twnd to drink a lot (or abuse drugs). It is a vicious cycle.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy

Where are your facts backing your claim about his addictions being untreated? By all accounts in the media it was and only his addicion to alcohol reoccurred.

bbsam

Staff member
Agreed all those conditions are treatable but similar in that like an addiction...having a mental illness requires you to first admit you have a problem and want to get better. In my experience (i'm not saying they are all like this) some people who are bipolar do not always stay on their meds...some enjoy the manic side of the spectrum....and then when they become depressed...they twnd to drink a lot (or abuse drugs). It is a vicious cycle.
Check out the symptoms of a bipolar individual and then those of an alcoholic. Remarkably similar if the drinking of alcohol is ignored.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hearing about Robin Williams suicide brought tears to my eyes. He was a talented man with a tortured soul. My heart goes out to his family.

RIP

Successful comedians display symptoms of psychosis, study says - The Guardian
Unusual personalities 'connect random thoughts' and impulsive, irrational minds can create best comedy, research suggests

Comedians are able to make people laugh because they often display characteristics usually found in people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, research claims.

Their talent to amuse people lies in having unusual personalities and displaying what researchers say are high levels of psychotic characteristics, according to findings which appear to support the widely held belief of a link between madness and creativity.

The results are based on a study of how 523 comedians from the UK, USA and Australia described their own personalities and beliefs when they filled in a questionnaire measuring psychotic traits in people who are not troubled by mental illness.

3xcmwKd.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't debate the addiction. I questioned your statement of "untreated".

Do you have personal issue with a person like this or do you just enjoy peeing on a man's grave?
Oh, no. I loved Robin Williams. I hate his suicide. After thinking about it, yeah, I have a huge problem with it.