Robo-calls

moreluck

golden ticket member
The robo calls are driving me nuts !! If I was for Steve Poizner, I certainly would not vote for him now. I get 4 calls every evening just from his camp.

I had to invest in Caller ID. to deal with these garbage phone calls. Ticks me off!

Of course I'm on the "Do not call" list, but that means nothing during election time.

The calls either come when we're eating supper or right at the start of prime time TV. You make me miss my program....I hate you !!

I don't use my phone at all now.......I tell my kids if they want to reach me, e-mail me. Meg Whitman hasn't bothered me at all. I've gotten mailers and there's TV commercials, but no irritating phone calls.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have no reception in the house. If I want to talk on a cell phone, I'd have to go out to the street.....that's why we need a land line. We live next to Camp Pendleton and I'm sure that affects our reception. Who knows what all they are doing there. We hear plenty of bombs too.....but it sounds like security to me.:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
We have no reception in the house. If I want to talk on a cell phone, I'd have to go out to the street.....

Have you tried different carriers? We were finally able to get rid of our land line when we switched to AT&T. Verizon doesn't work at our house.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby has AT&T on his cell phone, but it doesn't work in the house.......It works on the golf course, so I can reach him if I need to. Verizon works worse.

ups1990

Can do without these calls. I also dislike when paying at the grocery store, the clerk asks if you would like to donate $1.00 to a charity they choose. No thank you, I give to my specific charity.