Robots coming to steal half your jobs, Bank of England warns

Roughly half of the workforce in the UK and the US are likely to eventually lose their jobs to robots, as technological automation trends spread across all industries and service sectors, the Bank of England’s chief economist has warned.
Unveiling the Bank’s new statistics, based on the historic trends in the market economy, Andy Haldane warned the Trades Union Congress that half of UK workers might find themselves unemployed in the coming decades.

“Taking the probabilities of automation, and multiplying them by the numbers employed, gives a broad brush estimate of the number of jobs potentially automatable,” Haldane said, stressing that 15 million people might be affected on the island nation that currently has a workforce of 31.21 million.

https://www.rt.com/uk/321771-robots-automation-jobs-unemployment/

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My outlook on this subject is that if your job can be done by a robot or technology, you will be replaced.
Only governments can stop the progress.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Technological singularity is going to turn this world upside down. Even if we never reach it, economic and social collapse seem inevitable the closer we get to it.

Lots of people smarter than me seem to think it's coming, they just can't agree on when.

Sportello

Robots are coming to almost every field that involves labor.

The bigger question/dilemma, is how do we (as a society) deal with it?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm waiting for the day that we can elect robots to run the gov't .
Finally we will have something in office that will not always be thinking about their next election and actually do the job .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ex-CEO of McDonald's: $15 Minimum Wage 'To Cause Job Loss ... Like You’re Not Going to Believe' - Breitbart

Former McDonald’s CEO Ed Rensi appeared on Fox Business Network and warned progressive groups against $15 per hour minimum-wage hikes.
“I was at the National Restaurant Show yesterday and if you look at the robotic devices that are coming into the restaurant industry — it’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 robotic arm than it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient [while] making $15 an hour bagging French fries,” Rensi said Tuesday.

“It’s nonsense and it’s very destructive and it’s inflationary and it’s going to cause a job loss across this country like you’re not going to believe,” Rensi added.