Rock Center

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Per the article...

when YouTube viewers around the world were stunned by a shocking video of a FedEx employee throwing a computer monitor over a fence at a gated driveway.According to Smith, FedEx had tried to deliver the package the day before, and the recipient left instructions to put it over the gate.

Let the B.S. start flying now.

XFILED

Per the article...

when YouTube viewers around the world were stunned by a shocking video of a FedEx employee throwing a computer monitor over a fence at a gated driveway.According to Smith, FedEx had tried to deliver the package the day before, and the recipient left instructions to put it over the gate.

Let the B.S. start flying now.

No that part is true...but they still fired dude...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No that part is true...but they still fired dude...

Let's clarify. They fired him after the furor over the tossed monitor had subsided. At the height of the media frenzy the courier who did it could have been on almost any radio or TV station in the country, so what did FedEx do? They put him through the GFT process, making absolutely certain it dragged out until the furor was over. Then, they fired him. In other words, to protect the company in the media, they held out the carrot of his job to this courier, and then snatched it away. Too bad he didn't head straight for Howard Stern or Today. It was pretty obvious he was going to be canned from the moment this appeared on YouTube. I'll bet he wishes he had called his local TV or radio station and asked to be put on the air to tell his side of the story. Too late now.

I'm assuming what you've said to be true and I have no written confirmation that he was indeed fired. As far as the rest of it goes, Fred is very popular if you wear a tie, tinfoil hat, and knee pads. Unless you're an orangutan with very long arms, it would be impossible to place the monitor over the gate. Perhaps orangutans are available as helpers during Peak now if you ask for one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Looked like they had him bagging docs at MEM.

This has the smell of a set-up all over it. What a wonderful way to help repair the nuclear fallout from the Xmas Box Toss. Arrange a feel good visit from NBC during Valentine's Day in order to reassure the public that a bunch of morons don't run FedEx Express. I wonder how much advertising revenue FedEx has promised NBC in return for this piece?

XFILED

Let's clarify. They fired him after the furor over the tossed monitor had subsided. At the height of the media frenzy the courier who did it could have been on almost any radio or TV station in the country, so what did FedEx do? They put him through the GFT process, making absolutely certain it dragged out until the furor was over. Then, they fired him. In other words, to protect the company in the media, they held out the carrot of his job to this courier, and then snatched it away. Too bad he didn't head straight for Howard Stern or Today. It was pretty obvious he was going to be canned from the moment this appeared on YouTube. I'll bet he wishes he had called his local TV or radio station and asked to be put on the air to tell his side of the story. Too late now.

I'm assuming what you've said to be true and I have no written confirmation that he was indeed fired. As far as the rest of it goes, Fred is very popular if you wear a tie, tinfoil hat, and knee pads. Unless you're an orangutan with very long arms, it would be impossible to place the monitor over the gate. Perhaps orangutans are available as helpers during Peak now if you ask for one.

I just received some new info...
They Fired him a few weeks after the incident but he is still GFTing it...What sucks about all this is they sent him 2 messages to leave the package over the gate...The video looks bad cause the gate is high and he was aiming for a grassy area....When the guy said to put the package over the gate how did he and Fedex think it was gonna get over the gate?? Rope and Pulley?? Crane?? Magic?? Abracadabra!!

Im still trying to find out more info...
Mr.Fedex im gonna email you some more info cause i don't wanna put too much info on these boards..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just received some new info...
They Fired him a few weeks after the incident but he is still GFTing it...What sucks about all this is they sent him 2 messages to leave the package over the gate...The video looks bad cause the gate is high and he was aiming for a grassy area....When the guy said to put the package over the gate how did he and Fedex think it was gonna get over the gate?? Rope and Pulley?? Crane?? Magic?? Abracadabra!!

Im still trying to find out more info...
Mr.Fedex im gonna email you some more info cause i don't wanna put too much info on these boards..

If I were the courier in question, I'd call every radio show in the SoCal market and offer myself as an interview. Even though the media storm has passed, this was such a huge deal on YouTube that this courier might actually stilll be a major draw. When a GFT drags along this long, he has to know that the only reason they aren't passing final judgement is that they are scared he will go to the media, or maybe post his own YouTube explanation of the way FedEx really works.

FedEx has a lot invested in having the public think we are a wonderful place to work and that employees are never put into unworkable situations, or stressed to the point of making irrational decisions. I've had days like that too, where you're literally at the end of your rope, and you just don't care amymore. All you want it to do is end.

I know you have contact with this courier. Ask him if he's thought of turning the tables on them and going on Mark and Brian, Opie and Anthony etc.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
What about the original story that the recip. was home, waiting for the pkg., front door was open, dude only had to ring bell. You guys remember that, don't you?

XFILED

If I were the courier in question, I'd call every radio show in the SoCal market and offer myself as an interview. Even though the media storm has passed, this was such a huge deal on YouTube that this courier might actually stilll be a major draw. When a GFT drags along this long, he has to know that the only reason they aren't passing final judgement is that they are scared he will go to the media, or maybe post his own YouTube explanation of the way FedEx really works.

FedEx has a lot invested in having the public think we are a wonderful place to work and that employees are never put into unworkable situations, or stressed to the point of making irrational decisions. I've had days like that too, where you're literally at the end of your rope, and you just don't care amymore. All you want it to do is end.

I know you have contact with this courier. Ask him if he's thought of turning the tables on them and going on Mark and Brian, Opie and Anthony etc.

I agree with everything you have said...I tried to email you a couple nights ago but it said your inbox was full...let me know when you have some space open so i can email you...I wanna let you know the carrot that they dangled in from of him...

XFILED

What about the original story that the recip. was home, waiting for the pkg., front door was open, dude only had to ring bell. You guys remember that, don't you?

Yep the recipient did say that....I think the recipient is just a flat out liar...What i think happened is he asked for it to be put over his gate but when he opened it it was broken and he tried to get a refund and Fedex told him that he asked for it to be released that way and denied his claim so he posted it on Youtube and lied so he could get his replacement....
I also bet that the Monitor was already broken before it got tossed on the Grass....I haven't seen that gate in person or close up in a video or picture so i cant assume that the package could of been lowered over the gate...Ive come across many a gate where you couldn't lower it thru the gate or fence...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree with everything you have said...I tried to email you a couple nights ago but it said your inbox was full...let me know when you have some space open so i can email you...I wanna let you know the carrot that they dangled in from of him...

I cleaned it out, so go ahead and send it to me. I just wish he'd go public with the back story.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Hey, you gotta feel for the guy though, his daughter passing with an unexplained illness and his son who made the news being arrested for possession (not in the news story but you can research Cannon Smith). Even rich folk have grief and despair.