Rod Blagojevich

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Jun 27, 2011.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Guilty on 17 out of 20 charges !!

Judge will set a sentencing date.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

No surprise there, He should get the max, make him an example.

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

More to the point is just how loud will he sing to cut a deal on sentencing ?
    Who will be first for him to throw under the bus ?

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

If Illinois would only throw these guys in prison before they became Governor.

5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I guess Blago didn't bribe the right people to get off.

6. moreluck

I guess his situation wasn't so "golden" after all !!

7. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

I was hoping he would walk away scott free. Not that I think he's innocent but for whatever reason, certain power players seemed intent on taking him out. Just to upset the apple cart, I'd like to have seen an across the board "not guilty" just to watch after the fact and see what happened.

Sometimes you have to be willing to beat the grass in order to startle the snakes!

8. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Not that I disagree with your point, but Blago did have a way of "kicking Sampson in the gonads" just for fun. I mean, c'mon! Everybody knew he was being investigated for years and that his phones were tapped and still he flew off at the mouth! He's lucky Chicago politics has been tamed down since Capone.

9. moreluck

If he goes to prison will he have to get a buzz cut ?? I'd like to see a picture of that.

10. scratch

11. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

How long after sentencing will he have to wait until his Presidential pardon ?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If he were going to a state facility he would most likely lose the hair.

13. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rod loved pushing the envelope for sure. Rod free and on the streets might have forced some snakes from the shadows in order to protect certain interests and that's when a larger and clearer picture for us meer mortals might have appeared.

Just read an interesting piece from a certain perspective on the Blago case but it's deeper analysis may be a bit distasteful. Don't say you weren't forewarned!

:wink2:

14. moreluck

15. moreluck

16. moreluck

17. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I predict that within a week of 0bama's final day as president(whenever that is) Blogo will again be a free man.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Pardon" me?

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I don`t know. Blago`s a pretty big douche. They would cut Ryan loose first in the order of imprisoned Illinois governors.

20. scratch

Isn't it something like four of the last eight Illinois Governors have felony convictions? hmmmmm.