Rod Blagojevich

Babagounj

Strength through joy
More to the point is just how loud will he sing to cut a deal on sentencing ?
Who will be first for him to throw under the bus ?

wkmac

I was hoping he would walk away scott free. Not that I think he's innocent but for whatever reason, certain power players seemed intent on taking him out. Just to upset the apple cart, I'd like to have seen an across the board "not guilty" just to watch after the fact and see what happened.

Sometimes you have to be willing to beat the grass in order to startle the snakes!

bbsam

Staff member
I was hoping he would walk away scott free. Not that I think he's innocent but for whatever reason, certain power players seemed intent on taking him out. Just to upset the apple cart, I'd like to have seen an across the board "not guilty" just to watch after the fact and see what happened.

Sometimes you have to be willing to beat the grass in order to startle the snakes!
Not that I disagree with your point, but Blago did have a way of "kicking Sampson in the gonads" just for fun. I mean, c'mon! Everybody knew he was being investigated for years and that his phones were tapped and still he flew off at the mouth! He's lucky Chicago politics has been tamed down since Capone.

wkmac

Not that I disagree with your point, but Blago did have a way of "kicking Sampson in the gonads" just for fun. I mean, c'mon! Everybody knew he was being investigated for years and that his phones were tapped and still he flew off at the mouth! He's lucky Chicago politics has been tamed down since Capone.

Yeah, Rod loved pushing the envelope for sure. Rod free and on the streets might have forced some snakes from the shadows in order to protect certain interests and that's when a larger and clearer picture for us meer mortals might have appeared.

Just read an interesting piece from a certain perspective on the Blago case but it's deeper analysis may be a bit distasteful. Don't say you weren't forewarned!

:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
LocheD20110629_low.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Isn't it something like four of the last eight Illinois Governors have felony convictions? hmmmmm.