Rod's old tyme UPS

rod

Retired 22 years

IMG_1032.JPG

had to have some place to store all the trinkets

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You never buy the car after you've leased it. Ever.

If you're going to buy one, buy a separate one. But don't take the option on your lease to purchase your vehicle. It's a money losing move on the buyers part. Cash out the residual value and buy a separate one.

And as much as you like BMW, you better have money for the maintenance. They're terrible on maintenance and repair costs. If you want European performance , Audi is better in that regard.

If you do buy the BMW, get the service plan thrown in on it.

I agree except for Audi. If you own it long enough to replace, or service the timing chain (some models), the entire engine needs to be pulled.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I agree except for Audi. If you own it long enough to replace, or service the timing chain (some models), the entire engine needs to be pulled.
Haven't had that experience yet. I know BMW maintenance is horrible. My only experience with Audi is the R8 but we haven't put enough miles on it to have service issues

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Not yet.

I am debating whether I will buy my Altima when the lease is up. I would really like a BMW but with our pension woes I may have to settle for the Altima. I say "settle" even though it is a really nice car.
If your dream car is a BMW, I say go for it. You've worked hard, get what you want.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a letter envelope that the shipper put the documents in but forgot to put the label on. I handed it to our OMS clerk and told her to have fun.

One of our drivers had a package one Christmas that was addressed Grandpa and Grandma and the name of the small town (pop about 2,500). That's all that was on the package-no street address or name other than a return address and last name. After asking lots of people if they knew a so and so who lived in what ever town he finally found someone who knew that their neighbors had relatives who lived there. That's SERVICE---that part of UPS is gone and its not the drivers fault.