Roll Call Carnival Valor setting sail Apr. 18 '10

backinbrown

respect my authority
The march deposit is not bad mayby i should start their

we have never been on cruise ship of that size but i have been on whale watching ones

and i was ill from the three hour tour the three hour tour

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The march deposit is not bad mayby i should start their

we have never been on cruise ship of that size but i have been on whale watching ones

and i was ill from the three hour tour the three hour tour
I know how you felt. LOL But I'm not going to let it stop me from going.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think that once your are focused on the activities onboard you shouldn't have to many problems.

I worry about the same thing because I've BTDT!

Ms.PacMan

Seasickness pills (meclizine) make you drowsy. I take 1/2 pill before bed for a couple nights before the cruise and the first night of the cruise, then I'm good until about Friday and I take another half before bed again.

They are huge ships with stabilizers and if you experience seasickness it's probably because the captain is an old sea dog who doesn't like to use them. :sick:

What's BTDT?

In four cruises, the only time I got close to being seasick was leaving Aruba, the wind was pretty high and hitting the ship broadside aa well as the waves hitting on the side of the ship. Caused a lot of side to side rocking. I can tell you this isn't the time to try to learn how to do the "electric slide".

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Never had a problem with sea sickness. 5 Cruises alot of small boat tours also, whale watching etc. One cruise on the Mexican Riviera Hurricane Fausto caused us to miss all ports except puerto vallarta, that was a wild ride, I kept all of the on board bulletins, interesting, we streamed at top speed north to beat the full force and headed for Ensenada so we could get another port in. 4 days at sea full speed ahead ship rocking water up onto the deck and it was a big ship. At night it would roll and the first night was the worst had to actually hold onto the edge of the bed so you wouldn't fall off. Not allowed on deck, pretty boring in ways couldn't go outside. Alot of people got sick especially toward the rear, also their air conditioning went out.

They gave us half off on another cruise so we went again the next year. My first cruise was to the Bahamas on a small. big wheel ship with no stabilization, still didn't get sick. I really liked that cute ship, alot of wood and brass.

Didn't understand the single rate someone talked about, any clues, I think I'll sign up but who knows where I'll be in a year.

over9five

Staff member
We had one cruise, where on the last day cruising back to New Orleans on the Carnival Conquest we had bad weather. The ship was rolling, not much going on, everyone kinda lying low. My daughter wanted to just stay in the cabin, but the best thing you can do is get up and do things.
Staying in cabin bad, moving around good!

over9five

Staff member
Just remembered, first day out on that cruise, she was a little seasick too. Another (real nice) passenger noticed and gave her one of those patches that sticks on behind your ear. It really fixed her up in no time, and after that I noticed a lot of people had them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Never had a problem with sea sickness. 5 Cruises alot of small boat tours also, whale watching etc. One cruise on the Mexican Riviera Hurricane Fausto caused us to miss all ports except puerto vallarta, that was a wild ride, I kept all of the on board bulletins, interesting, we streamed at top speed north to beat the full force and headed for Ensenada so we could get another port in. 4 days at sea full speed ahead ship rocking water up onto the deck and it was a big ship. At night it would roll and the first night was the worst had to actually hold onto the edge of the bed so you wouldn't fall off. Not allowed on deck, pretty boring in ways couldn't go outside. Alot of people got sick especially toward the rear, also their air conditioning went out.

They gave us half off on another cruise so we went again the next year. My first cruise was to the Bahamas on a small. big wheel ship with no stabilization, still didn't get sick. I really liked that cute ship, alot of wood and brass.

Didn't understand the single rate someone talked about, any clues, I think I'll sign up but who knows where I'll be in a year.

MsPacman is willing to share a room, if you don't mind. Email Amy, and ask her any questions about this cruise.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Carnival Cruise booking rules to share with the Brown Cafe:

1) To request a specific cabin in the category you are booking, Carnival wants
a deposit of $250.00 per person. The $50.00 per person deposit holds a cabin
in the category you want but not a specific cabin number. So anyone looking
for a certain cabin number or area.. will want to give a $250.00 deposit to secure
your cabin location. If you don’t have a specific cabin number or area you want
to be on that deck you may pay the $50.00 deposit per person to secure a cabin
and the rate.

2) I was told today by Carnival that the 3rd and 4th person rates are NOT guaranteed.
If anyone is interested in a triple or quad cabin may want to book as soon as possible
to secure the low rate. Triple and quad cabins are limited verses the double cabin so
that is why the rate may fluctuate with demand. To reserve a triple or quad cabin
you must pay a deposit of $250.00 per person in the cabin and have full names at
time of booking.

So anyone wanting a specific cabin or a triple or quad cabin will have to pay a full deposit
of $250.00 per person plus the legal names of all the people cruising .
The deposit is refundable up until final payment.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I am available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm. 1-800-782-1913
You can also always send me an email. [email protected]

Thanks,
Amy

PS Amy can help you get flights into, out of and hotel rooms/transprotation if you plan on getting in days before the cruise, or staying to do some sights, afterwards.

Isn't that kind of pricey, for having cruised with them before?

Anyone that is definitely going, please PM me.

That's over $200 off the rate you mentioned for a balcony room. I'm just saying. . . And I would love to go but it's my daughters senior year and don't think I should make any plans yet.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's over $200 off the rate you mentioned for a balcony room. I'm just saying. . . And I would love to go but it's my daughters senior year and don't think I should make any plans yet.

But does that include everything?

Hope you can swing it, if not, I'll take pictures of the conga line.:wink2: