Roll Call Carnival Valor setting sail Apr. 18 '10

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have twin High Schoolers that are going to Europe in the summer of 2010 so that pretty much kills the vacation budget for that year. I'll have to wait a couple of years and then it will be Mine and Mom's turn to start livin it up. It's a given that at least one of you cruisers will bring a camera. Will all of you give up your anonymity to the rest of us or will that remain private amongst yourselves?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have twin High Schoolers that are going to Europe in the summer of 2010 so that pretty much kills the vacation budget for that year. I'll have to wait a couple of years and then it will be Mine and Mom's turn to start livin it up. It's a given that at least one of you cruisers will bring a camera. Will all of you give up your anonymity to the rest of us or will that remain private amongst yourselves?

Awesome for the twins, hope they have a great time.

We've decided to take a group picture with our faces covered by blown up versions of our avatars.:wink2: You'll have to make it to cruise #2.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Interesting question!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Awesome for the twins, hope they have a great time.

We've decided to take a group picture with our faces covered by blown up versions of our avatars.:wink2: You'll have to make it to cruise #2.
Speaking of pics we all have the choice of 3 different items. Is everyone going for the pic or the wine/champagne?

Ms Spoken

Speaking of pics we all have the choice of 3 different items. Is everyone going for the pic or the wine/champagne?

I think we will have to have a poll on this one. I'm going for the free booze since the $50 dollar credit will not even come close to covering my bar tab. I will take the group picture myself and get everyone 8x10's for less than $3.
Hey DS are you going? Sure could use that bottle of rum you have that is collecting dust.

Happy Birthday Dilligaf :-)

On previous cruises that I have been on, you could buy liquor in the gift shop. If I remember right it was tax free and very close to the same price one would pay at home. You could take the bottle to your cabin and open 'er up. Party on. Also, you could buy booze at ports and bring them back to the ship, duty free.
Also....
From what I have been reading, everyone will need a Passport book or card to. As of today, you can still use a birth cert. and a DL, but by our cruise time that will no longer work. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get one. The only difference (use wise) is with a PP card, you can't fly international. I'm gonna get a passport card

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think we will have to have a poll on this one. I'm going for the free booze since the $50 dollar credit will not even come close to covering my bar tab. I will take the group picture myself and get everyone 8x10's for less than $3.
Hey DS are you going? Sure could use that bottle of rum you have that is collecting dust.

Thanks Ms.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I was thinking the group photo, but I think MsSpoken has convinced me other wise. There will be extra booze, as I don't drink.:surprised:

I just checked the Carnival web site and found different prices then what was mentioned before. Maybe because I've cruised with them before, I'm not sure. Will look into it later.

Empress Deck 8B 679.00 pp

Cruise Rate $1,358.00
Gov't Fees & Taxes $123.32
Total Amount $1,481.32

That's over $200 off the rate you mentioned for a balcony room. I'm just saying. . . And I would love to go but it's my daughters senior year and don't think I should make any plans yet.

Did you find out if that was your cuiseaholic discount?:wink2:
Also, I think the taxes you quoted are incorrect. Can you verify these things for me?

Hmmmmm wonder how the fishing will be?

Maybe we could throw the minion overboard to see what's biting.:wink2: LOL

I read someone else's post, Scratch, that you're allowed to bring a bottle of your own on the cruise as well. If we go for the free alcohol and bring our own, we should be set.

On previous cruises that I have been on, you could buy liquor in the gift shop. If I remember right it was tax free and very close to the same price one would pay at home. You could take the bottle to your cabin and open 'er up. Party on. Also, you could buy booze at ports and bring them back to the ship, duty free.
Also....
From what I have been reading, everyone will need a Passport book or card to. As of today, you can still use a birth cert. and a DL, but by our cruise time that will no longer work. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get one. The only difference (use wise) is with a PP card, you can't fly international. I'm gonna get a passport card

I'm gonna do the card as well.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was thinking the group photo, but I think MsSpoken has convinced me other wise. There will be extra booze, as I don't drink.:surprised:

I do think we should do a group photo! Just not pass on the extra booze.
Anyone who feels it necessary to bring extra and you don't drink I will gladly accept your generosity.:happy-very:

Did you find out if that was your cuiseaholic discount?:wink2:
Also, I think the taxes you quoted are incorrect. Can you verify these things for me?

Maybe we could throw the minion overboard to see what's biting.:wink2: LOL

Kinda what I was thinking. Wonder how big those sharks get down there?

I read someone else's post, Scratch, that you're allowed to bring a bottle of your own on the cruise as well. If we go for the free alcohol and bring our own, we should be set.

I'm gonna do the card as well.

We already have our passports. But don't wait to long to get yours. They can take as much as 6-8 weeks and we all know how the government operates. The minute you want something now they decide they will get to it next year. LOL