romper room

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

[QUOTE="rickyb, post: 2081202, member: 56035"
somebodys gotta be poor for someone to be rich. somebodys gotta suffer for someone to live in unparalleled comfort

Another police officer gets killed and this is what you post? You are quite unbelievable.

Has nothing to do with the topic but let's address your idiot claim. You really believe that this is all just a zero sum game which of course is the opposite of reality. But you live in an alternative universe.

Let me ask you. How many millions of people has Bill Gates made dirt poor? He's made over $100 billion in his life. He's given away $26 billion. That's $26B poor people wouldn't have had. Regardless, Gates having made over $100B hasn't taken 1 penny from anyone else. In fact, aside from is donations, he has been taxed 10's of billions which was also redistributed to the poor. Aside from that, by creating Microsoft, many thousands of other people associated with the company are millionaires. Microsoft also has 118,000 other employees making good lives. Thanks Bill.

You don't seem to realize how the money pie just gets bigger. You seem to think our economy has always been $20 trillion. No more, no less. Didn't realize it was $20 trillion back in the 1700's.[/QUOTE]
no my point is some people view this as the cost of doing business. people who view other people as commodities. my point is some people dont care about the value of other human beings and part of the reason for this is capitalism. some people just dont care.

microsoft's technology is largely based on decades of pentagon R / D. government cost handed over to corporations for free.

i know america has record wealth all going to 0.1% of the population.

regarding the "generosity" of billionaires, as public enemy said: Don't Believe the hype.
the heir to johnson and johnson did a documentary called the 1% or something and touched on this. others have written on it.

did you know cops participate in terrorist activities all the time? anytime they use violence against an actvist whos political views they disagree with is technically an act of terrorism. ditto for government. but hell will freeze over before you hear the mainstream corporate media ever say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.