Ron Carey- Local 804 hero

deleted9

Wow, I read this whole thread and cannot believe this supervisor commenting on central states and he does not have a clue. First and foremost, the central states fund as I know it being I am in central states is going in the toilet because UPS no longer funds that fund that UPS paid billions to get out. What this supervisor fails to inform everyone is say hypothetically an individual has nineteen full time years in this fund and the contract expires on 2013. UPS has made it clear that if the individual does not retire before 2013, that individual pension would not be honored because UPS is not obligated. Mind you there is a penalty for each year prior to twenty five years. UPS is basically forcing the older full time employees to retire or face not receiving a full pension. UPS has stated that they will honor an individual full pension in the old central states only through this contract.

As to his fixed annuity, just like any investment it is subject to the financial market. Being this supervisor annuity is a future value annuity, it is subject to a ceiling based on principle, rate, and time. Actuaries make these investments as they have many other executives investments that have folded and cause these executives a bleak future. Come on sup, unless you are a district manager most drivers make more money than a supervisor. That supervisor also have to pay for health insurance also. All full time supervisors receive SAR's for retirment not a fixed annuity and they run through those like rats eating peanut butter because of their light income. Sad you have to come on a message board for employees and still pull these weak supervisor tactics.

A large sum of people on here think management make less........ you are confused and do not know what you are talking about........