Ron Carey Speaks On How Hoffa Is Trying To Sell Us Out

tieguy

Banned
Why is it that Cheryl does not get on a certain few when they come out with personal attacks and always gets on others. Do I sense a little bias here? Why o why can we not be fair to all .

If anything I would love to see Cheryl cancel the memberships and temporarily lock out the anonymous postings of the many one issue posters here that have desicrated our quiet little community. Somehow we managed to coexist and learn from each other without having characters like the "voice" educate us. In fact its kind of funny watching "the voice" who is probably a part timer with a minimum of seniority trying to educate some of our senior feeder drivers on this site.

sawdusttv

If anything I would love to see Cheryl cancel the memberships and temporarily lock out the anonymous postings of the many one issue posters here that have desicrated our quiet little community. Somehow we managed to coexist and learn from each other without having characters like the "voice" educate us. In fact its kind of funny watching "the voice" who is probably a part timer with a minimum of seniority trying to educate some of our senior feeder drivers on this site.

While I appreciate those of you coming to my defence, this is not the first or last confrontation that I have had with Tieguy or others for that matter. Believe it or not I have agreed with Tie once or twice, but what would be the use coming to this site if you aways agreed with everything anyone said. I suspect that Tie and I will continue to throw jabs at each other on different subjects, but it is healthy to have two opposing points of view. I do get heated with Tieguy a lot but I'm a big boy and can handle it , as I'm sure he can, If his boss tells him so.:biggrin: Sorry, had to do it!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I attended the tdu conference on friday night, they had several workshops on being a better steard and labor law rights. Both were very well run and informational, i walked away with some more knowledge than when i walked in so i believe it was worth it. I stayed for the dinner and after dinner they should a 10 minute video on the 97 strike. Like many in the room i felt that solidarity again and remembered everyone that came out in support of us, from the other unions to our customers and even the media knew that OUR fight was not just for us. Our fight was for all of labor to stop greedy ceo's and executives from keeping the wealth for themselves. We as upsers walked that line to put a stop to a part-time america that was spiraling out of control. We stood together with all of america behind us to get what we the current upsers and our future upsers deserved. I was p-time in 97 and we had no friend-timers at my sort, over 160 ptimers and alot of us were working 35 to 50 hours as ptimers. Then we received $55 a week to live off of, and then ftimers came to help us, they made sure we had money to eat they would bring food, pop, cofee, and for what? Because they stood for a cause, now some will say it was soley for the pension, but the guys that helped me and others did it because we the p-timers were getting screwed. We received the long over due ftime jobs, because we didnt have ptime bills, gas, electric, etc in short we all suffered a little to gain and i beleive that 97 was a huge win for us the upser and organized labor as a whole.

Everything we gained in 97 has been for nothing if this contract passes! We sacraficed weeks of pay, we ran up our credit to make due just so we could raise our families with good morals and provide them with the best. Today we chance to lose all of these because i believe that hoffa has sold us out to ups! Many on here do not like carey, and thats fine but dont blame the cs pension on ron, good only knows how it would have turned out if the government never framed him, maybe the money wouldnt have been so heavy in the tech market when it crashed? But say what you will ron carey had the biggest set any union leader has ever had, and we benefited from that, similar to hoffa sr, he didnt do everything legal, but he did it to benefit the teamsters. Maybe one day a carey will run again and rebuild the teamsters, until then we need to tuck our tails between our legs and just take it!

saw why bother to explain it to him.local 804 my local is a great model of what is in store for the cs.why would the company ever want to make sure they and the union invest our money or pension to make money and bring it up to the 80 percent zone so we can ask for an increase and return time bonus and 25 and out.they will keep it in the red just like my brothers in 804 and the company.it is a smoke screen my brothers and sisters.we need to protect our selves.dont believe the hipe.tie guy take the buy out my friend and good luck

we need to stick together,that is the membership.this is the 1 st time i seen the company and the union try to jam this stuff up our five hole.Ronnie came from local 804 and we miss em at least he was a leader and was not in bed with these bastards,when did the company ever want to do something for you.now all of a sudden they want to protect your pension.next is the health and welfare it is a shame of what is happening here.almost criminal

tieguy

Banned
Everything we gained in 97 has been for nothing if this contract passes!

Perhaps for once and for all we can finally fix the CS pension nightmare? If we do so and undue that part of 97 then our people win. The strike in 97 was already for nothing because carey refused our efforts to fix the pensions.

We sacraficed weeks of pay, we ran up our credit to make due just so we could raise our families with good morals and provide them with the best.

I hope you don't feel you have to strike in order to be able to raise your family on good morals. If so then teach them about Careys money laundering scheme. tell them that while you supported the guy in 97 the right thing now should be carey going to jail. thats morals.

Today we chance to lose all of these because i believe that hoffa has sold us out to ups! Many on here do not like carey, and thats fine but dont blame the cs pension on ron, good only knows how it would have turned out if the government never framed him,

Roflmao

maybe the money wouldnt have been so heavy in the tech market when it crashed? But say what you will ron carey had the biggest set any union leader has ever had,

Having a big set in mob circles is a must. It takes a little more then having a big set to run any organization including a union.

and we benefited from that, similar to hoffa sr, he didnt do everything legal, but he did it to benefit the teamsters.

end justifies the means?

Maybe one day a carey will run again and rebuild the teamsters, until then we need to tuck our tails between our legs and just take it!

maybe. In the meantime Hoffa might end up being the guy that actually fixed the pensions. If so thats negotiations not anatomy that did it for him. If you want anatomy then you guys should run around in loincloths and show each other your "sets". If you want to fix the pensions then you have to be willing to sit down and talk about the choices. Carey ran for the door. Hoffa listened. The one common denominator in both negotiations has been hall. So it seems when you try to draw a line between carey and hoffa you have to ask yourself why hall who negotiated for carey also negoatiated for hoffa. maybe just maybe hall sees hoffas approach as being the better one.

hoffa was a corperate lawyer and i guess he is back to his old ways,he couldnt hold careys jock strap.corperate america is worse than the mob,the have the dbag in the white house to help em

tieguy

Banned
we need to stick together,that is the membership.this is the 1 st time i seen the company and the union try to jam this stuff up our five hole.

call this a lesson on soladarity. The problem here is not necessarily that the company and union are sticking something up your five hole.

The problem may be that your union may have gone and negotiated on your behalf in good faith.

Your union may have gone and asked you what you wanted then went and negotiated what you the majority asked for.

The problem may be that the union has come back to you and said we worked hard to get you this offer and you need to take it.

You had a lot of union leadership helping negotiate this contract offer. Do you honestly believe all those union leaders who have devoted their lives to the union cause are now sticking something up your "five hole"

For me as always its interesting watching you guys speak soladarity while you all run off in 15 different directions. This managment guy could teach you a few things about being a good union man.

tieguy

Banned
hoffa was a corperate lawyer and i guess he is back to his old ways,he couldnt hold careys jock strap.corperate america is worse than the mob,the have the dbag in the white house to help em

everytime you guys talk about carey you either talk about his set or his jock strap. This love affair you guys have with careys groin region is definitely getting a little bizarre.

tieguy

Banned
Or maybe just maybe Hall sees doing it Hoffa's way is the only way he can keep his job.

I don't know . Its unionyour union, if you want to put your number 1 and number 2 guy down in your union thats your choice. But then you're only one state away from halls home turf. Why don't you call him and ask him.

I tell you what the way you guys put down your union leadership I'm glad I went back to management. The greatest honor I can have in the union is that my jock strap is too big to be carried due to the size of my set. I don't know why but I keep getting mental images of cavemen at play everytime I hear these terms of reverence thrown around.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
WGAF about carey, he's history and we have a bigger problem at stake. HOFFA

Its all politics man, you say we keep putting down our union reps, well have you ever thought that all of us do not agree with whose running the union or do not agree with some issues are dealt with?

Im sure you being a "Tieguy", has issues with some of the people that are above you or even below you for that matter and it irritates you to some degree on the decisions that they make.

listen hoffa is in because of all of the other truxn co the he is great,ask some of yellow ,o d ,ext.i dont like puttn down leadership but that is what we need leadership.we have gottn no info in the prior months leadn up to this horse crap and then a gun put to our heads at the end given a dooms day picture.communication is the key.tie guy wants to settle this and the rest of the co so they know how many zeros to put on that bonus chk.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
listen hoffa is in because of all of the other truxn co the he is great,ask some of yellow ,o d ,ext.i dont like puttn down leadership but that is what we need leadership.we have gottn no info in the prior months leadn up to this horse crap and then a gun put to our heads at the end given a dooms day picture.communication is the key.tie guy wants to settle this and the rest of the co so they know how many zeros to put on that bonus chk.

Yeah exactly. cha ching cha ching

Its hard to trust leadership when there is no honesty.Honesty is 1 of the 14 leadership traits.So tie guy try praticing some of them traits and maby one day u can reach for that next rung on that ladder,for success is measured by how high you bounce, when u hit the bottom.

Bill

Your CS pension was screwed and quickly flushing down the toilet. UPS is putting up as much as 8 billion to fix this ticking time bomb. You on the other hand are crying because the initial payout is not more. You claim to have a backbone but it appears the development stopped when the upper end of your backbone should have evolved into a brain.
The only winner in this buyout is UPS. If this passes, UPS will save billions over the next few years. Right now, UPS contributes $238 per week per employee into the CS pension fund, but under the new UPS/IBT plan, UPS will contribute only $132 per week. Is UPS bailing us out, or looking at the bottom line? Also, under the proposed "new deal", if UPS contributes more each following year, then why is the 30-and-out pension frozen at $3000 per month? Logically, if UPS puts in more each year, shouldn't we receive more? The cost of living goes up each year, so every successive year, the $3000 is worth that much less. Granted, CS is a financial mess and can not sustain its present course before the fund goes into insolvancy. On the other hand, if we go into this new UPS/IBT fund, there is no guarantee after age 65. UPS only guarantees the pension money ($3000 for 30 and out) until age 65, but what happens afterwards? My understanding is that we receive two checks after 65; one from CS and another from UPS. If CS can not pay their share of the pension, UPS will not pick up the offset (it states that in article 34L page 24). Without any future UPS money going into CS, the pension fund will drain faster than before. It is inevitable that CS will not be able to pay its share, UPS will not make up the difference, and the retiree has even less to live on. UPS will continue to save big money by not contributing as much into our retirement fund. The only fair solution is for UPS to guarantee the money at any age, as well as add a cost of living increase by the guidelines set by the US government's consumer price index statistics. I await a rebuttal.

Bill

Perhaps the union should get rid of people who are too stupid to understand the contract process not to mention the concept of loyalty?:w00t:

I'm sorry I just used some big words that you probably won't understand.:biggrin:
The big problem is that the majority of the UPS workforce is too stupid to think for themselves. This is how the company and the Teamsters control them. They believe the propaganda that UPS puts out there, but worse than that, they believe the Teamsters propaganda without any questions asked. When I show them the documents that contain the truth, they refuse to listen, or read anything. Afterall, the Teamsters wouldn't lie to them!!!! Why do you think the UPS pilots rid themselves of the Teamsters, and started their own union (IPA)? The pilots are much more educated than the UPS workforce, and thus can think for themselves, and ask questions when they see something that is questionable.