Ron Carey Speaks On How Hoffa Is Trying To Sell Us Out

tieguy

Banned
I think satell and tieguy are management:w00t:

well you're half right. In my case I'm not sure how I could make it any clearer unless I create an Id that says IAMMANAGEMENT which I will consider.

the important thing here is you have a really cool avatar and nickname to represent you. Marketing is everything.:cool:

Cole

First Tie hasn't hidden the fact that he's in mngmnt, thus the name "Tie Guy". Sat has made it clear he isn't in the union, but he is a pkg driver. ;)

Thats the point I don't understand. Its not just Hoffa negotiating the contract. You also have many reps from many different functions of the union representing you. Many sections are negotiated by sub committees. To call it a sell out you have to be willing to discredit everyones involvement in the process?

Good point Tie, but they have a boss, and if he tells them what to agree to then there's nothing they can do, but what they're told. Again I have never seen them keep the members in the dark to the extent they did. They didn't imo take a step forward on many issues they should have from our perspective. They left the door open to speculation the way they did this one. Who knows what they were told or offered to come back with the confusing language they did, which is a lot like the Air Operation language.

Ibt804Hammer

You're an idiot, you know that? You're demonstrating your ignorance with that comment about Satellite. He's a package driver that quit the union during the strike in August of '97. And Tie.....he's actually a pretty decent poster. Get to know our community before you go off half-cocked. -Rocky

lets not resort to name calling please

Ibt804Hammer

First Tie hasn't hidden the fact that he's in mngmnt, thus the name "Tie Guy". Sat has made it clear he isn't in the union, but he is a pkg driver. ;)

Good point Tie, but they have a boss, and if he tells them what to agree to then there's nothing they can do, but what they're told. Again I have never seen them keep the members in the dark to the extent they did. They didn't imo take a step forward on many issues they should have from our perspective. They left the door open to speculation the way they did this one. Who knows what they were told or offered to come back with the confusing language they did, which is a lot like the Air Operation language.

Very good post,

705red

Browncafe Steward

I watched local 804s meeting, someone brought in a video camera and tapped the whole thing. It will be on you tube shortly for all to see. Howie redmond said its not a great contract, its not even a good contract, its a fair contract. Everyone that works for 804 are upsers and wait until you see them speechless when asked questions. It was obvious that howie was not behind this contract, but if anyone comes out against it they will face hoffa on it.

Remember when hall would tape the negioations? This time they kept us in the dark, and i was a huge hall supporter until now!

tieguy

Banned
Remember when hall would tape the negioations? This time they kept us in the dark, and i was a huge hall supporter until now!

it does tend to speed up negotiations when we don't tape the negotiations. We then don't have a bunch of people grandstanding for the camera.

Your people always made the vow of silence prior to negotiations this time they actually kept their word.

Cole

No secret why they kept silent on this one. I don't think they should have videoed it, as you mentioned the grandstanding for the camera, but your dues paying members deserve to be involved.

If they were to tell the truth they would have had to say, we let UPS write your new contract, and it's good. ;)

sawdusttv

you kidding me? If you accept an offer why wouldn't you go back to the grass roots and sell why you accepted the offer?

Selling it, and having the union and company try and force feed it to us are two different things. There is however one flaw in their strategy, all of this high pressure salesmanship coming from both sides is doing nothing but throwing up red flags everywhere!:sneaky2:

satellitedriver

Nor forgiven by you?
After crossing a picket line he will not be forgiven by you?
lol
Yes,
I will never forgive him, nor anyone who puts the welfare of non-UPS workers above the welfare of Upser's.
The personal power struggle between carey and hoffa "forced" my decision to cross the line between the one that pays me and the one's that wants to use me.
I do not believe the fact that a picket line has been drawn, that it is sacrosanct.
It all depends on who drops their sword into the sand and draws the line challenging anyone to cross.
Carey, never fit that bill.
PAX

local804

No secret why they kept silent on this one. I don't think they should have videoed it, as you mentioned the grandstanding for the camera, but your dues paying members deserve to be involved.

If they were to tell the truth they would have had to say, we let UPS write your new contract, and it's good. ;)

So true....

Ron never did it this way, maybe Heffa should have learned something.

tieguy

Banned
So true....

Ron never did it this way, maybe Heffa should have learned something.

You're right ron never did. He agreed to keep negotiations silent then either leaked information or distorted information to suit his needs. Hardly an honorable thing.

M

MembersFirst

A waste of effort. You can find information on the web that tells you that the CS pension plan was generating concerns as far back as the 70's. Carey did not create that but he chose to walk away from the companys efforts to fix all plans in 97. So now its going to cost me 6 billion to fix one plan when we could have fixed all plans for less back in 97. You chose to ignore that information back then and think I'm going to waste my time reeducating you now.

sawdusttv

I expect these kind of insults from someone with a mind as small as yours. I'm what you call an independent thinker, and I try not go buy into all the hype everyone is putting on about this contract. I know a lot of people who are voting no just based on hearsay. Very few have actually read what they were sent. I'm guessing you fall into this group as well.

Brett,
Instead of "here's your sign" which is appropriate also.

I think I've got one better for you!

"HERE'S YOUR TIE":w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

badpas

I watched local 804s meeting, someone brought in a video camera and tapped the whole thing. It will be on you tube shortly for all to see. Howie redmond said its not a great contract, its not even a good contract, its a fair contract. Everyone that works for 804 are upsers and wait until you see them speechless when asked questions. It was obvious that howie was not behind this contract, but if anyone comes out against it they will face hoffa on it.

Its funny how someone told me that hall was a stand up guy, but I won't say I told you there was something fishy about him. Woooops