Ron Carey Speaks On How Hoffa Is Trying To Sell Us Out

Cole

Initially I think Hall was a stand up guy, but it appears things have got pretty cushy for him, so he is now going along to get along, and likely counting days to receive a multiple pension.

tieguy

Banned
Initially I think Hall was a stand up guy, but it appears things have got pretty cushy for him, so he is now going along to get along, and likely counting days to receive a multiple pension.

Those dang fat cats are getting rich at our expense.:cool:

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.

They already receive multiple salaries, nice to know they are caring alot bout the cs ppl when they are receiving more then one salary, wish i got more then one salary.

local804

Rocky,
I told you in a previous post I would look into the reason for Ron Careys firing from UPS and that I would ask some of the ancient old timers in my building. Well, I found out the scoop but can not find the post you made so I will just add it here. The 2 feeder drivers (who actually could be my father) told me that Ron was never fired from UPS and that infact it was his father who was fired. I guess Rons dad was a UPS driver at one time but I do not know that for a fact. They said Ron might have been put on multiple 72`s through out his career as a driver but never actually fired. This is info I got from feeder drivers in Rons local so if your gonna flame, flame somewhere else. It seems like I cant post anything on these forums without a bunch of clowns trying to take me down.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rocky,
I told you in a previous post I would look into the reason for Ron Careys firing from UPS and that I would ask some of the ancient old timers in my building. Well, I found out the scoop but can not find the post you made so I will just add it here. The 2 feeder drivers (who actually could be my father) told me that Ron was never fired from UPS and that infact it was his father who was fired.

Thanks for the information, Local. I know how little time you must have to speak to other drivers, so I appreciate your taking the time to get this information all the more. Regardless, interesting information.

It seems like I cant post anything on these forums without a bunch of clowns trying to take me down.

Am I one of the 'clowns' you're referring to?? I don't intentionally attack anyone less they give me a reason to do so. Too much love for the moral high ground and/or a clean fight, I guess lol. Just in general, I wear 'white gloves' in terms of my conduct and these gloves get dirty very easily. I can't recall you being a part of the very small crowd that has provoked me. My apologies if I have attacked you without reason, sir. -Rocky

tieguy

Banned

Don't think I said anything about "Fat cats".

I don't think I said you did. Thought I took a popular union line about the fat cats of management and twisted it a little towards the union side to make a joke. I Could be wrong though.

Cole

That's what I thought Tie, but we refer to some of the Top Union officers that way too. Especially the one's that get multiple pensions for committee's that either don't exist or do nothing.

Rocky aka Frank Morrison, Just can't stay away from Alkatraz eh? Lol. I pray everything is going well for you on the outside, but do tell us how you evaded the sharks during your escape!:biggrin:

Have a good weekend all!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rocky aka Frank Morrison, Just can't stay away from Alkatraz eh? Lol. I pray everything is going well for you on the outside, but do tell us how you evaded the sharks during your escape!:biggrin:

LOL about Frank Morrison, Cole. I didn't know who that was til I looked him up. Seems like an upstanding fellow, particularly for his day.

Evaded the sharks on my escape? LOL. The only 'sharks' I had to evade were dip***** management. Other than that, my 'escape' was as smooth as predictable as could be. I signed the final paperwork and was GONE! I haven't looked back. I'll send you a more detailed PM in a couple minutes. -Rocky

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
The problem with the contract proposal is very little benefits for the hard working teamsters members who bust their butts for 10-12 hours a day 12 months ayear. You have a company that makes 4 BILLION dollars in PROFIT ayear and yet the pension has NOT increased for the last 11 years and they propose not to increase it for the next 5 years. 16 years of inflation will make that pension worth about HALF of what it was worth back in 1997. Add to that the increase of 300% for the cost of retirees health insurance and your looking at about 40% value of your pension. Also, employees can't even get released from duty after 8 hours twice a month, instead we will get paid 2 hours pay. Keep your 2 hours pay, Let me the hell out of here after 8 hours for 2 measley days a month so I can watch my kids basketball, baseball, soccer or whatever! I fthey want to curtail excessive over 9.5, make it automatic, triple after 9.5! Why should you have to file all the grievences when the grievences aren't solving the problem. This cannot possibly be the best offer UPS can come up with because it's alot of nothing. Go back to the table and bargain for increased benefits! 4 Billion dollars PROFIT AND OUR PENSION IS SUPPOSE TO BE WORTH 40% OF ITS PREVIOUS VALUE! I think not.:mad:

Cole

Now now Rock, don't tell me you haven't seen Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Esatwood playing Frank Morrison. lol

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Now now Rock, don't tell me you haven't seen Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Esatwood playing Frank Morrison. lol

I think I have seen the movie but the character's name doesn't ring a bell. If you like movies that have to do with escape from Alcatraz, I suggest The Rock with Sean Connery. Connery escapes federal custody and steals a Humvee, driving it through downtown San Francisco. The police and federal law are hot on his trail and, during the course of their effort to catch him, cause an enormous pile-up. Connery slams the gas down, glances at his side mirror and says aloud, "I hope you're insured!" :biggrin: -Rocky

sawdusttv

MythBusters actually re-enacted that whole escape - I can't recall but they either called it plausible or confirmed. How crazy is that?

It is a true story.
The only question is wether they made it to shore or not, because they were never hear from again.