Roswell, GA hub/ new hub in parking lot

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JBenton, Jun 12, 2014.

1. JBenton

JBenton New Member

So today we learned that they will be building a "village" in the parking lot for peak season. I guess it's a hub of sorts where they'll be able to load trucks. It's semi-permanent, so parking will be an issue year round, and nonexistent during peak.

Apparently we will be parking at least a couple of miles away and will be shuttled in. Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else?

2. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Yes, it does.

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

My Preloader just got out of Driving School that was taught at Roswell. I was surprised. I thought that was done at Pleasantdale. I have been training him the last two days to run my route, its been fun.

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

We can car pool to the parking lot.

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I need shuttle pay btw

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I guess Roswell will be called Louisville South now with the bus ride in from parking.

7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Maybe Walmart will let us use their parking lot, we can have our union meetings there as a bonus while we wait on the 6 passenger UPS shuttle car.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Oak

Oak Active Member

Our small center is getting an additional building. Eight more doors. For the life of me I don't understand why they don't just extend the length of the current building.

9. Monkey Butt

Length of belt?
    Straightline belt capacity is finite and drives up preloader costs.

10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I can imagine crawling out the building at 930 at night only to wait 20 minutes for a shuttle to take me to my car. That would stink on ice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are you training your replacement?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Do they hire a lot of illegal aliens in Roswell?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Monkey Butt

Right now he is out of limited-duty but once he gets a taste of the good life ... :wornout:

14. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I think you have been watching to much daytime tv. I hear History has a new reality show called "Red Neck Bigfoot Aliens From The Bayou."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Our little center already doesn't have enough employee parking and barely has enough doors for regular operations. There is no room for expansion either.

Sent using BrownCafe App

16. Oak

Oak Active Member

Like I said, small center. Only 14 doors now, so belt is 70 feet, if that.

17. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

That's OK. They are working on a new billion dollar software which will address these issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

AND they've hired hoards of new drivers (95% of which were already TCDs working fulltime hours) all over the country. All is saved.

Sent using BrownCafe App

19. Sounds like what they did to my small center. Built a steel platform outside with rollers during peak. Still loading out there now. Hopefully you guys can keep preloaders. We must have went through 10 guys. Not fun loading trucks in -35F windchills...

Sent using BrownCafe App

20. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Yeap, I managed to rip myself another hernia last Friday after a week of ten-hour days. My center manager "volunteered" me to do Intersection and On Area Observations this week. The decision was made to train a new driver on my area, I volunteered to do it. I have had fun the last three days training him, we ran scratch yesterday and today. I taught him to read a map today, he gets cut loose by himself Monday. On June 1, I earned my 30 year full time pension, I am exploring other options.