Roswell, GA hub/ new hub in parking lot

JBenton

So today we learned that they will be building a "village" in the parking lot for peak season. I guess it's a hub of sorts where they'll be able to load trucks. It's semi-permanent, so parking will be an issue year round, and nonexistent during peak.

Apparently we will be parking at least a couple of miles away and will be shuttled in. Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Preloader just got out of Driving School that was taught at Roswell. I was surprised. I thought that was done at Pleasantdale. I have been training him the last two days to run my route, its been fun.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So today we learned that they will be building a "village" in the parking lot for peak season. I guess it's a hub of sorts where they'll be able to load trucks. It's semi-permanent, so parking will be an issue year round, and nonexistent during peak.

Apparently we will be parking at least a couple of miles away and will be shuttled in. Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else?
We can car pool to the parking lot.

Oak

Our small center is getting an additional building. Eight more doors. For the life of me I don't understand why they don't just extend the length of the current building.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our small center is getting an additional building. Eight more doors. For the life of me I don't understand why they don't just extend the length of the current building.
Length of belt?
Straightline belt capacity is finite and drives up preloader costs.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I can imagine crawling out the building at 930 at night only to wait 20 minutes for a shuttle to take me to my car. That would stink on ice.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our little center already doesn't have enough employee parking and barely has enough doors for regular operations. There is no room for expansion either.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sounds like what they did to my small center. Built a steel platform outside with rollers during peak. Still loading out there now. Hopefully you guys can keep preloaders. We must have went through 10 guys. Not fun loading trucks in -35F windchills...

Sent using BrownCafe App

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Right now he is out of limited-duty but once he gets a taste of the good life ... :wornout:

Yeap, I managed to rip myself another hernia last Friday after a week of ten-hour days. My center manager "volunteered" me to do Intersection and On Area Observations this week. The decision was made to train a new driver on my area, I volunteered to do it. I have had fun the last three days training him, we ran scratch yesterday and today. I taught him to read a map today, he gets cut loose by himself Monday. On June 1, I earned my 30 year full time pension, I am exploring other options.