Route bidding

UPSGUY72

Look at your supplement. In some areas, the 3rd move goes to the lowest seniority driver.

Under the New England Supplement if a 4th move happen it is filled by the company meaning they can put anyone they want on the route ( it could be the lowest seniority driver or not )

UPSGUY72

We have a guy who bids in routes and wins them and always turns them down. It's kinda hilarious because they have to ask him everytime.

Ask him what . If he bids a route and wins all they have to do is move him to the route they don't have to ask him if he wants it. He already said he wanted it by bidding on it. I don't know who the bigger idiot your management team or the driver.

Does you supplement / rider have some language in it that says you have to agree to move to the route that you won the bid for ???

UPSGUY72

Full time driver can...pass,on a bid (become an a.k.a cover driver) lowest full time driver,gets assigned,on the :censored2: routes!...lol

You don't have to sign the bid sheet if you don't want the route and the biennial bid it goes by seniority in my area you can bid cover position position instead of specific routes. This year the 3 worst route went to first time drivers.

You don't have to sign the bid sheet if you don't want the route and the biennial bid it goes by seniority in my area you can bid cover position position instead of specific routes. This year the 3 worst route went to first time drivers.
We have annual bids. If you pass..low (full time) gets that route! like it or not.

Ask him what . If he bids a route and wins all they have to do is move him to the route they don't have to ask him if he wants it. He already said he wanted it by bidding on it. I don't know who the bigger idiot your management team or the driver.

Does you supplement / rider have some language in it that says you have to agree to move to the route that you won the bid for ???
It's not yours till you sit in the seat. Different area different language. I think what makes you want to throw out insults is that you don't have the seniority to play the game so it bothers you. You will get there someday.

Some people have bid for life. Don't hate the player hate the game.

UPSGUY72

It's not yours till you sit in the seat. Different area different language. I think what makes you want to throw out insults is that you don't have the seniority to play the game so it bothers you. You will get there someday.

Play what game. If I want a route I will bid on it if I win it I get the route. There is no game to be played.

Also there are plenty of routes I could have bid and won but I'm not bidding some crappy route just to have a route. As a FT cover driver I know one thing I won't be doing the crappiest route in the building everyday or even more than a couple of times a year. I'm also guaranteed 8 hrs of driving each day just like any other Ft driver. They can't tell me there isn't enough work today and since you don't have you own route you have to work inside the building or go home. They would have to lay off the lowest seniority driver and so on.

So your supplement says that if you win a bid you have the right to refuse to be moved to it ??? I find that hard to believe. All they have to do is move the driver name to to new route on the scheduled and give him the option of doing the route or going home.

Play what game. If I want a route I will bid on it if I win it I get the route. There is no game to be played.

Also there are plenty of routes I could have bid and won but I'm not bidding some crappy route just to have a route. As a FT cover driver I know one thing I won't be doing the crappiest route in the building everyday or even more than a couple of times a year. I'm also guaranteed 8 hrs of driving each day just like any other Ft driver. They can't tell me there isn't enough work today and since you don't have you own route you have to work inside the building or go home. They would have to lay off the lowest seniority driver and so on.

So your supplement says that if you win a bid you have the right to refuse to be moved to it ??? I find that hard to believe. All they have to do is move the driver name to to new route on the scheduled and give him the option of doing the route or going home.
Okay

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
NE Supp doesn't have any option of changing your mind after a bid has closed. If awarded a bid, it's yours unless it's something you have to qualify for and you fail the training period.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

What hap
Yearly bidding is not in this part of the country..does this benefit the company or the employees more...has this always been the case.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What constitutes a "worst route" in your book??