Route structure reduced for casuals?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by TurboSnail, Sep 10, 2014.

1. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

In our building this past bid, Management eliminated routes from the bid list saying they were routes never in but a day or two a week until peak so they were no longer biddable. These routes were generally filled by cover drivers looking for an assigned route when in and a place to be comfortable during the Holiday season. It was no surprise that once the Casual drivers arrived per Contract language, all the unassigned, non-biddable routes are in every day! Home for Casuals as Management keeps all the routes in reducing top rate drivers to 8.5 hrs, paying Casuals half our wage. I get that working 10 hrs + every day gets old but if the goal is to reduce overtime, hire full time drivers and create some jobs. Anyone else see this in their building?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Welcome to the shady game central son lol. They do whatever they want when they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

In the central region if a permanent job becomes available it must be bid within 10 days. A permanent job is defined as a job that is in place for 30 days. We have won cases that the job was in for more than 30 days but not consecutively if it was in more than it was out. I would grieve this asap

4. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

A lot of times the same route will be in all week but they just change the letter on the route to make it look like a different route. Imagine that them being dishonest lol.

5. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I've got a grievance filed on this practice, hasn't gone to local hearing yet.

6. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

that happens a lot here

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Happens everywhere im sure crookedazz mofos lol.

8. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

3 days a week for 30 days in our region.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. The Milkman

The Milkman Well-Known Member

Jump you are sooo RIGHT!

10. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Wow! You posted on something not related to retiree's healthcare! :raspberry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Thats crap!
    Same here too.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

30 working days in 90 calendar days is how we always did it.

I got 3-4 routes put up for bid this way. Just write on a calendar what days the extra routes are in. I kept asking the center manager when he was going to bid them. Always got the run around. He about :censored2: himself when I laid the calendar on his desk.

13. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

I wish I had asked this earlier in the year. Would have had a lot of routes for Seniority drivers leaving casuals and Management scratching their heads.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

I wish I had asked this earlier in the year. Would have had a lot of routes for Seniority drivers leaving casuals and Management scratching their heads.

Sent using BrownCafe App

15. The Milkman

I believe we were all rookies at one time..........commenting on something I went through like many of us..as far as health care..I hope I live long enough to see you beachin and complaining when it affects you

16. Dont worry,he Is too busy,posting pics of himself.

17. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I hope I live that long too!
    We have a shared goal.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. The Milkman

Selfies I'm sure