Route taken away

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Driveby, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Driveby

Driveby New Member

Anybody hear of this? I won and have been on bid route for over a year. I filed a 9.5 and got o/t down to 2 days a week. That put a wrench in a late pickup they had me doing. A pickup that was on somebody else who also filed a 9.5 earlier, so pickup wasn't on my route when I won bid. Management wanted me to start at 10AM to cover the late pickup so I wouldn't go over 9.5 all the time. I, of course said heck no. Then management just took route away from me and put it back up for bid with a start time at 10AM. Yes, I filed grievance, it goes to Committee in a few months. Contract says that they can have one late start for every 50 drivers in a building. I get that but, it also says no driver,package or feeder, currently on a bid route will be forced into this late start time. Northern CA. Supplemental Agreement, Article 22 Section 4. Do they have the right to take a bid route away from a driver who bid on said route that originally started at 8:30 so they can start it at 10?
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

They break the rules all the time, and get all uppity if you are 20 seconds or less late. Talk about hypocrisy.
  3. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

And, yes. Someone was 5 seconds late(the clock changed as he was clocking in), and he was written up. (he didn't have a history of lateness, either)
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They can move work to and from a bid area at any time and they can change the start time for all of the drivers in the center as they wish; however, they cannot arbitrarily change just your start time by 90 minutes to accomodate a late pickup. That being said, a 10 am start would mean that they would have to cover your air. If the later start times works for your schedule then by all means accept the change--if not file the grievance.

Starting at 10am would not work for me.
  5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

They can change our bids by 59 minutes without having to allow the driver to bump.
  6. undies

undies Active Member

A few months?! So they get what they want for a while, the panel SHOULD see it in your favor. Good luck.