Routes going out next Sunday?

WorknLateHuh

the great thing about this, along with the day after Thanksgiving, is that we will have to deal with this bs every year now. It won't stop there, they'll keep pushing and pushing. I guess it's great if you want mountains of OT.

Yea, let's try to get every driver as close as humanly possible to 60hours/wk durring Dec. friend*&%$* ridiculous

p.s. no need to point out the irony in my screen name :/

oldstagg

They are doing something this year to take the spike out of the Monday before xmas. They will be flying volume into districts all weekend. Some districts are going to try to move and deliver what they can. Others are balking at working the weekend.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Thank you. The pay rates that I posted were based on what Bill thought we would be paid for working the day. I called the hall on Saturday morning and Brian called me back that afternoon. It is time and a half for the first 8 and triple time for anything beyond that.

How was the meeting?
I am shocked that you had to call the hall. This information is clearly written in the contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I

In that case, I will help you out here. Grab your contract and flip to Article 61 section one and you will find the information. Once you get there you will see why most would not find it.

Found it. You're right, it is easy to see why most would not find it.

Any idea what they will be having us deliver on that day? I don't imagine they will be cracking open any trailers just to dig through for residentials.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Any idea what they will be having us deliver on that day? I don't imagine they will be cracking open any trailers just to dig through for residentials.
I have laid awake pondering that question (while thinking of ways to streamline the operation). It would seem that they would unload the trailers as if it is Monday. Perhaps devise a way to load commercial deliveries back into a trailer to unload again on Monday. Then the loads from Sunday sort would be processed on Monday along with the commercial deliveries. Everyone will get done early and breeze through the week. That is, until UPS drops the final bomb- "You will all be delivering on Christmas Day so we can look good". Yeah- that is how it is going to go down.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

They would probably give us the same type of load we had the Friday after Thanksgiving. I spent half the day crawling over commercial send agains to get to a few residentials. This set up an epic fail on Monday.

iruhnman630

Ive also been wondering about the logistics of a possible Sunday dispatch. The route Im on this peak would be about 80% deliverable with much of my biisiness being retail, but the industrial stops would just be tripping hazards for us to crawl around.

With the intention of running Sunday being to clean up Christmas gifts it would be a crappy move on managements part to expect us to give them even more of that day wasting time on undeliverable volume not needed by the customer before Christmas.