Routes going out next Sunday?

box_beeyotch

That's crazy all these centers are dispatching on Sunday. Up here, I doubt we will even have to work this Saturday. More power to you guys though, make that money.

KAE510

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus:20:8-11). I won't be in...

Well actually the Sabbath/7th day would be Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the week.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Bill Lumbergh: Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too, kay. We ahh lost some people this week and ah, we sorta need to play catch up.

monday1.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That's crazy all these centers are dispatching on Sunday. Up here, I doubt we will even have to work this Saturday. More power to you guys though, make that money.
I will not be working Saturday the 20th if they try to force that day too. I don't think they could if they're going to force Sunday the 21st as we need 34 hours off to reset DOT hours, but if they try I won't be there the 20th.

When I got married my family basically moved everything around to Christmas being Christmas eve for my side of the family and Christmas day for my wife's side. When I went driving I had to start working Christmas Eve into the night so my family again rearranged everything for me and we now have our Christmas like a damn week early (Saturday the 20th before Christmas) to accommodate UPS. So, if UPS tries to get me to also work the 20th they can kiss my butt.

O

OLDMAN3

There was a signup sheet for "Available overtime" today when we got back to the building for this coming Sunday.
It was not mentioned in our PCM in the AM.
By reading the last couple pages here, can't see how well thought out it can be without bringing in the whole crew and not half-:censored2: it.
Everyone has hours Sunday, if not working Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the new week. Your center manager better check the contract. Unless your supplement has special language.

O

OLDMAN3

Depends, on your supplemental language.

Some supplements, don't allow for a change in the workweek....

Without an entire "re-bid" of start times and schedule.

That's not going to happen, in a few days.

The company can "ask" for volunteers.

-Bug-
Bug,
How about the Central Region supplement? Would they have to "re-bid"?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Everyone has hours Sunday, if not working Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the new week. Your center manager better check the contract. Unless your supplement has special language.
You're not getting the title of the sign up list. Not available overtime as in who has available hours left for dot...it's Hey guys, OT is available, who wants to volunteer?

iruhnman630

We got the bomb dropped on us at pcm today. Still not a sure thing, but be prepared to work Sunday. center manager looked like he was trying to find a way to announce the death of a co-worker before he announced it.

O

OLDMAN3

We got the bomb dropped on us at pcm today. Still not a sure thing, but be prepared to work Sunday. center manager looked like he was trying to find a way to announce the death of a co-worker before he announced it.
So,
Does anyone think the fat cats in Atlanta and elsewhere are working on Sunday?

iruhnman630

So,
Does anyone think the fat cats in Atlanta and elsewhere are working on Sunday?
They will be out in force, contacting national and local media outlets, making sure the cameras are there on Sunday showing the public ho dedicated and excited we are to be working Sunday to make their Christmas.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just pulled up my supp. Sunday is time and a half and after 10 hours is 2 1/4 x regular pay per hour (golden time).

Feel bad if the part timers have to work though...
All part time employees hired after July 31, 1987, who work on Saturday or Sunday or both Saturday and Sunday during the months of October, November, December will be paid the normal straight time rate

Z

ZQXC

They will be out in force, contacting national and local media outlets, making sure the cameras are there on Sunday showing the public ho dedicated and excited we are to be working Sunday to make their Christmas.

.... just keep moving that Chinese crap