ruger gun support

anonymous4

Prove me wrong if you want to make that statement. The SCOTUS isn't exactly something that changes every other day. I am not sure what you and UpstateNYUPSer are even trying to argue as this has all been established law for centuries. It is clear both of you are not educated on the second amendment, and firearms in general. That's fine, but you must understand the frustration half the country feels when encountering such people, who take such a strong anti-gun stance before understanding the basics of firearm history in this country. I know squat about some subjects and make the same mistakes injecting myself with little knowledge too often as well. Educate yourself, exercise your second amendment rights. At the least you will learn a lot of interesting history. Maybe you will gain a great hobby in the process.

2008 District of Columbia vs. Heller:

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Supreme Court ruling excerpt:

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

No doubt we need to begin to understand what makes people like Adam Lanza tick. I think we are at a point (or getting there), we're we can take a serious look at the situation and come up with workable solutions to, at the very least, lower the probability someone does such a terrible thing to other humans. Crimes of passion et cetera are more complicated and spur of the moment. Almost all of the men involved in these shooting-sprees had been diagnosed as being "off" for a while. If you can gun down 20 innocent kids and not stop when you begin witnessing the carnage, that's hard to understand as a sane individual. It makes sense there is such an emotional response to target the thing right in front of you. I have researched this extensively and there really is no correlation between gun ownership and homicide. People kill, responsible, sane people don't. 2A is a great thing and the framers of our country had an understanding that it was to always be the strong-hand that enforced our inalienable rights. Until we are able to live in a utopia where men don't lust for power, crazy people aren't crazy and greedy criminals don't want to enter your home to pillage we need it.

Research democide in the 20th century. Over 250 million people killed by their own governments. When you say this the anti-gun attempts to place you in a fringe and say you are crazy for bringing up tyranny. Those familiar with history understand. No level-headed person is going to tell you the government is coming for you tomorrow. What about in 50 years? 100? 1,000? The odds say something will happen and it doesn't even need to be the classic tyrannical based democide we've witnessed within the past 100 years. Natural disasters, economic break downs et cetera are all likely at points in our future. I don't expect to transform you into what you aren't, but please try to educate yourself because mainstream news is having a field day portraying millions of your fellow citizens in a pretty terrible light. This isn't a gun control issue but an insanity issue. Can you really stop insanity? Have you seen the bill Feinstein is pushing? It is a complete waste of time. She should stop being a coward (as should other gun-grabbers) and be honest: She doesn't want (ineffective) gun control, she wants gun elimination and confiscation. And it won't happen.

The focus must be put on limiting the access of such a tool to noncriminals/sane persons, removing illegal weaponry off the street, cracking down on gang violence, and how about GUN RESPONSIBILITY. How was a mentally unstable man able to get a hold of his mothers guns? She had a complete lack of responsibility for her tools and others paid a dear price.

Last edited by a moderator:

anonymous4

And just to point out again, the SCOTUS *should* always be on the pro-second amendment side, because the bill of rights is composed of UNALIENABLE rights, not inalienable rights (understand the difference, they do). This is to say the second amendment is an idea bestowed upon us as a natural right that cannot be taken away nor traded as an inalienable right could.

Justice Scalia is pro-gun (pro second amendment), please do not try to misunderstand what he was saying. For instance, in 1776 one could own a private cannon. You can right now. He is hinged on the "bear" aspect of the second amendment being hand-held. Just one example, however the anti-gun ran with his latest statement. Not accurate and is not real news.

Our founding fathers were visionaries. Expose your mind with the writing some of these men produced in all areas, including the right to bear arms. Their body of work is pretty extraordinary on the subject. The importance of citizenship armament parity with the military is a theme found throughout. One of the favorites amongst the anti-gunners is "well they had muskets back then not assault rifles". Indulge yourself in their writings. One of my favorites being Thomas Jefferson. A scientist and true visionary.

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." - Richard Henry Lee (Letters from the federalist farmers)

anonymous4

In my first reply I accidentally said gun homicides "@ 10,000" when that is total homicides per year and not accurate (about 12,000 total homicides in 2011). Here are some facts:

First video on US homicide statistics per the FBI (note the majority of gun homicides are handgun related and of those a lot being gang-related inner-city murders). Second video is a break down of the second amendment for UpstateNYUPSer as he doesn't know his own rights or the unalienable rights of his fellow human brothers and sisters). UpstateNYUPSer I realize you are not one to admit when blatantly wrong and educate yourself on the matter, so you can skip to 5:00 into the second video where he goes over the SCOTUS ruling I posted above as to your fallacious "regulated militia" statement.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know that I am even arguing. I am simply pointing out that as maddening as it seems to some gun control has long been seen as constitutional in limited scopes. Our Second Amendment rights are not all inclusive for all weapons and never have been.