Rumors Central Jersey Hiring 30+ feeder drivers.

Przemeknj

Rumor has it they are in need of about 30 feeder drivers in central jersey. This means they will start hiring which will open full time package car positions. Anybody hear anything? I have been in preload little over 4 years and can'nt wait to go full time.:happy2:

UPSGUY72

Rumor has it they are in need of about 30 feeder drivers in central jersey. This means they will start hiring which will open full time package car positions. Anybody hear anything? I have been in preload little over 4 years and can'nt wait to go full time.:happy2:

The key word is "RUMOR" it is kind of like the word ASSUME.

brownedout

Also NJ District. I have posted many times in many threads that my center has lost 12 driver jobs, majority being feeder transfers in the 5 years since we hired our last driver. Feeders may or may not be needed, but it doesn't mean the package jobs will be replaced. Not fair, absolutely sucks, yes and yes. Just sayin.

brett636

The truth of such rumors has a lot to do with volume and retirements. Is there a lot of pending retirements (actual retirements, not anticipated through the Feeder news network) or new volume with customers like Amazon? If either of those are true then the rumor is most likely true, but if not then I wouldn't hold my breath. Here we have had it two fold with a lot of retirements along with Amazon adding extra distribution facilities to this area on top of some volume won back from fedex ground. They have been bringing on new feeder drivers consistently since I came into feeders around late 2010, but your area may be different so talk to more than one feeder driver in your area to help decide what is true and what isn't.

bluehdmc

They have brought new feeder drivers in to Metro Jersey, both Meadowlands and Edison. They started a day sort in Edison which will increase some feeder work, how that's gonna trickle down to package who knows. Right now is the slow time of year and not a lot of drivers on vacation so there have been some layoffs.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The sign up sheets went out last night in SC for feeder school. The extended centers are going to take at least one, while the Columbia Hub is looking for 15.